- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Lifestyle Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Movies Ashutosh Rana Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Taking First Dose Of Vaccine
- News 10 states account for 82% of COVID-19 cases
- Finance 4 Special FD Schemes For Senior Citizens Which They Can Avail Before June 30, 2021
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
The Mahindra eKUV100 has been in the pipeline for a long time. The EV was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, eKUV100's launch has been delayed owing to various reasons. The EV was spotted recently conducting its latest rounds of testing ahead of launch.
The Mahindra eKUV100 has been spotted testing in Bangalore wearing a partial camouflage. The test mule of the upcoming EV was covered on the grille and the rear badging. Further confirming the test mule to be EV is the front charging port placed on the left side fender.
Also, the test mule seems to be of a lower-variant with steel wheels and the absence of fog lamps at the front. The rest of the EV's exterior design remains similar to its gasoline-powered counterpart. The SUV is also expected to feature several blue accents to indicate the electric powertrain under the bonnet.
Speaking about the eKUV100, the electric-SUV is priced at Rs 8.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This makes the eKUV100 one of the most affordable electric vehicles available in the Indian market. Once launched, the eKUV100 is expected to be the cheapest eSUV sold in the Indian market.
The company also announced that initially, eKUV100 will be available for fleet operators. However, the SUV will also be offered to private buyers looking to switch to green mobility in the country.
The Mahindra eKUV100 will be powered by a 40kW electric motor paired to a 15.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The eclectic powertrain produces a maximum of 53bhp and a peak torque of 120Nm. The eKUV100 can travel a maximum of 120 kilometres on a single battery charge.
Mahindra will be offering the eKUV100 with both standard and fast-charging options. The charge times of the eKUV100 is yet to be revealed by the company. However, using a DC fast charger the SUV is expected to charge up to 80 per cent within an hour.
On the Inside, the Mahindra eKUV100 will feature a similar cabin layout that is seen on its gasoline-powered models. This includes the same dashboard-mounted gear selector, multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls and climate controls.
However, the eKUV100 could feature a larger touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The digital instrument cluster will also be updated to provide more relevant data related to electric vehicle use. This includes the range, battery temperature, electric motor speed and more.
Thoughts About The Mahindra eKUV100 Spied Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of Launch
With rising prices of petrol and diesel fuel, Indian auto buyers are opting for an electric powertrain. As a result, Mahindra eKUV100 is one of the most-awaited launches in the Indian market. The Mahindra eKUV100 is an important model in the EV space as it unlocks the affordability factor for aspirated EV buyers in the country.