- 39 min ago Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Details: Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu MU-X, D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander BS6 Cars Expected To Launch Next Week: Details
- 4 hrs ago Pratap Bose To Head Mahindra's New Global Design Centre? Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Finance 26000% Gains In 6 Months, 12000% YTD: This Asset Seems To Be A Bubble
- Movies Ahead Of Mother's Day Reese Witherspoon Dedicates A Poem To Struggling Moms
- Sports SAI to pay for Olympic-bound shooters' competition-cum-training tour of Croatia
- News More than 9 lakh patients on oxygen support across India, 1.7 lakh on ventilator: Harsh Vardhan
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Education Mother’s Day 2021: Some Beautiful Quotes To Express Love For Your Mother
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Land Rover Defender has won the 2021 World Car Design of the Year award. This is Jaguar Land Rover's sixth World Car Design win, since its official introduction in 2004. The models that bagged these prestigious awards previously were the Range Rover Evoque in 2012, Jaguar F-type in 2013, Jaguar F-PACE in 2017, Range Rover Velar in 2018 and Jaguar I-PACE in 2019.
This is a proud moment for the brand as the World Car Design of the Year award is meant for manufactures who push the boundaries with new innovation and style. The design panel consists of seven highly-respected design experts from all over the world. These experts review each car and make a short-list for the juror's final vote.
The juror panel is made up of Gernot Bracht, Ian Cullum, Gert Hildebrand, Patrick le Quement, Tom Matano, Victor Nacif, and Shiro Nakamura who are all renowned experts in the field of design and styling.
The new Land Rover Defender has been praised by auto journalists from across the world for its design and style. It is one of the few vehicles out there that has effortlessly managed to blend in the latest design language with the traits and elements of the older model.
The older Land Rover Defender was an icon in many ways and still remains an icon. The designers of the new model have done a great job of retaining some of the design traits while still modernising the vehicle massively.
Professor Gerry McGovern OBE, the Chief Creative Officer at Jaguar Land Rover was quoted as saying, "The New Defender is influenced by its past but is not constrained by it and we are delighted it has been honoured with this award." He also added that the new Land Rover Defender's design makes it a compelling 4x4 that resonates with the customer on an emotional level.
The new Land Rover Defender is imported as a completely-built unit for the Indian market and is available in five variants — Base, S, SE, HSE, and First Edition. The Defender also comes in two body styles, the 3-door ‘90' model and the longer 5-door ‘110' model. However, there is only one engine option available for Indian customers, it is a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 292hp and 400Nm of torque.
Thoughts On New Land Rover Defender 2021 World Car Design Of The Year Award
The World Car Design of the Year award is one of the most prestigious awards in the automotive industry. The fact that Jaguar Land Rover has bagged six of these awards is not a small feat. It shows the dedication and passion of the brand to consistently push the boundaries of design and innovation.