- 32 min ago Honda Patents The PCX Electric Scooter In India: Here Are All The Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 & V4S Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQT Electric Van Revealed: Gorgeous Electric Van From Mercedes-Benz
- 2 hrs ago Royal Enfield Temporarily Suspends Production Due To Covid-19: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Redmi Note 10S Vs Redmi Note 10 Pro Vs Redmi Note 10: Which One Should You Buy
- News Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim health condition stable, discharged from Rohtak PGIMS
- Movies Shaheer Sheikh And Ruchikaa Kapoor To Welcome Their First Child: Report
- Sports Ramesh Powar pips WV Raman, Ajay Ratra as the new coach of Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Finance Akshaya Tritiya 2021: 3 Quick Ways To Buy Gold Via Payment Wallets
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Nagaland in May
- Education UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2021 Postponed, Exam To Be Held On October 10
- Lifestyle Parshuram Jayanti 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
The Land Rover Defender has won the 2021 World Car Design of the Year award. This is Jaguar Land Rover's sixth World Car Design win, since its official introduction in 2004. The models that bagged these prestigious awards previously were the Range Rover Evoque in 2012, Jaguar F-type in 2013, Jaguar F-PACE in 2017, Range Rover Velar in 2018 and Jaguar I-PACE in 2019.
This is a proud moment for the brand as the World Car Design of the Year award is meant for manufactures who push the boundaries with new innovation and style. The design panel consists of seven highly-respected design experts from all over the world. These experts review each car and make a short-list for the juror's final vote.
The juror panel is made up of Gernot Bracht, Ian Cullum, Gert Hildebrand, Patrick le Quement, Tom Matano, Victor Nacif, and Shiro Nakamura who are all renowned experts in the field of design and styling.
The new Land Rover Defender has been praised by auto journalists from across the world for its design and style. It is one of the few vehicles out there that has effortlessly managed to blend in the latest design language with the traits and elements of the older model.
The older Land Rover Defender was an icon in many ways and still remains an icon. The designers of the new model have done a great job of retaining some of the design traits while still modernising the vehicle massively.
Professor Gerry McGovern OBE, the Chief Creative Officer at Jaguar Land Rover was quoted as saying, "The New Defender is influenced by its past but is not constrained by it and we are delighted it has been honoured with this award." He also added that the new Land Rover Defender's design makes it a compelling 4x4 that resonates with the customer on an emotional level.
The new Land Rover Defender is imported as a completely-built unit for the Indian market and is available in five variants — Base, S, SE, HSE, and First Edition. The Defender also comes in two body styles, the 3-door ‘90' model and the longer 5-door ‘110' model. However, there is only one engine option available for Indian customers, it is a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 292hp and 400Nm of torque.
Thoughts On New Land Rover Defender 2021 World Car Design Of The Year Award
The World Car Design of the Year award is one of the most prestigious awards in the automotive industry. The fact that Jaguar Land Rover has bagged six of these awards is not a small feat. It shows the dedication and passion of the brand to consistently push the boundaries of design and innovation.