- 32 min ago Skoda Kushaq And Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Together: Here's Everything You Need To know!
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive Next Year!
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- 14 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For FY 2020-21 In India: Royal Enfield Records Over 5,73,438 Units Sales
- Sports Alarm bells started going off, it was chaos - Chris Morris on COVID in IPL bio-bubble
- Finance Paytm app launches new tool to help users find available slots for COVID-19 vaccines
- Technology Mother's Day Smartphones Gift Ideas Upgrade To Basic Phones To Smartphones
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Expresses Gratitude To Hugh Jackman For Supporting Her Foundation To Help India
- News 4-year-old rescued after falling into 90-feet deep borewell in Rajasthan's Jalore
- Education Rabindranath Tagore Essay: Top 5 Ideas For Students
- Lifestyle On Erica Fernandes Birthday, 3 Skin Care Routines From The Diva’s YouTube Channel For Flawless Skin
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
The Land Rover Defender has won the 2021 World Car Design of the Year award. This is Jaguar Land Rover's sixth World Car Design win, since its official introduction in 2004. The models that bagged these prestigious awards previously were the Range Rover Evoque in 2012, Jaguar F-type in 2013, Jaguar F-PACE in 2017, Range Rover Velar in 2018 and Jaguar I-PACE in 2019.
This is a proud moment for the brand as the World Car Design of the Year award is meant for manufactures who push the boundaries with new innovation and style. The design panel consists of seven highly-respected design experts from all over the world. These experts review each car and make a short-list for the juror's final vote.
The juror panel is made up of Gernot Bracht, Ian Cullum, Gert Hildebrand, Patrick le Quement, Tom Matano, Victor Nacif, and Shiro Nakamura who are all renowned experts in the field of design and styling.
The new Land Rover Defender has been praised by auto journalists from across the world for its design and style. It is one of the few vehicles out there that has effortlessly managed to blend in the latest design language with the traits and elements of the older model.
The older Land Rover Defender was an icon in many ways and still remains an icon. The designers of the new model have done a great job of retaining some of the design traits while still modernising the vehicle massively.
Professor Gerry McGovern OBE, the Chief Creative Officer at Jaguar Land Rover was quoted as saying, "The New Defender is influenced by its past but is not constrained by it and we are delighted it has been honoured with this award." He also added that the new Land Rover Defender's design makes it a compelling 4x4 that resonates with the customer on an emotional level.
The new Land Rover Defender is imported as a completely-built unit for the Indian market and is available in five variants — Base, S, SE, HSE, and First Edition. The Defender also comes in two body styles, the 3-door ‘90' model and the longer 5-door ‘110' model. However, there is only one engine option available for Indian customers, it is a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 292hp and 400Nm of torque.
Thoughts On New Land Rover Defender 2021 World Car Design Of The Year Award
The World Car Design of the Year award is one of the most prestigious awards in the automotive industry. The fact that Jaguar Land Rover has bagged six of these awards is not a small feat. It shows the dedication and passion of the brand to consistently push the boundaries of design and innovation.