- 5 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 7 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 9 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- 11 hrs ago Ather 450X Prices Dropped By Rs 14,500 Due To FAME II Scheme Incentives Revision: Details
- Sports Christian plays football beautifully – UEFA chief Ceferin hails 'football unity' in message to Eriksen
- News Eligible population in some Jharkhand villages including naxal-affected fully vaccinated
- Finance These Companies/Groups Top The List Of Most Valuable Brands Of India In 2021
- Movies YouTuber Bhuvan Bam Loses Parents To COVID-19; Pens Heartbreaking Note - 'Lost Both My Lifelines To COVID'
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G India Launch Tipped; Key Features To Check Out
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Lifestyle International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Land Rover has launched the powerful Defender V8 globally. The new Land Rover Defender V8 puts out 518bhp making it the most powerful Defender ever to hit series production. The Defender V8 provides a unique combination of performance and capability, with bespoke chassis settings delivering new levels of driver engagement and agility both on and off-road.
David Hemming, Chief Product Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover stated, "The introduction of our V8 powertrain adds a new dimension of driving engagement and off-road capability to Defender. Fast and fun to drive, it represents the pinnacle of the Defender family and is as rewarding on the road as it is capable off it. We've also broadened the appeal of the entire Defender line-up with new derivatives, option packs and enhanced connectivity, so there really is a Defender for everyone."
On the inside, the Defender gets the state-of-the-art Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment is now available with a range of desirable new features, including the option of a larger 11.4-inch touchscreen, wireless device charging with the integrated signal booster is now fitted as standard with the Comfort and Convenience Pack for improved convenience and call quality.
Iain Gray, Senior Manager, Powertrain Advanced Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover said, "The 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine further enhances the unique character of the Defender. It sounds fantastic and delivers incredible performance - providing new levels of driver appeal. Our engineering focus has been to optimise powertrain calibration for Defender to deliver both responsive on-road performance and fine control off-road - all without compromising Defender's unstoppable all-terrain capability and wading ability."
Powering the Land Rover Defender is a 5.0-litre supercharged 'AJ' V8 engine that produces 518bhp of power, making it the most powerful Defender yet to reach series production. As far as performance goes, the V8 Defender can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 240km/h in the short-wheelbase, three-door variant.
Thoughts About The Land Rover Defender V8
This is the most powerful Defender ever to hit series production. Sadly, there is no news about the new Defender V8 hitting the Indian Shores anytime soon, but we would definitely want it to be launched here in the near future.