- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 15 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 16 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
Land Rover has silently introduced their Defender SUV with a diesel-powered engine. The new Land Rover Defender diesel versions are available on both the 90 and 110 models in the country. Prices for the diesel-powered Land Rover Defender starts at Rs 94.36 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 1.08 crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The Land Rover Defender diesel is offered in a range of four variants: SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE & X. As mentioned above, all four variants will be available on both the three-door (90) and five-door (110) models of the SUV.
|Land Rover Defender||Price|
|90 SE||₹94.36 Lakh|
|90 HSE||₹98.37 Lakh|
|90 X-Dynamic HSE||₹101.57 Lakh|
|90 X||₹108.16 Lakh|
|110 SE||₹97.03 Lakh|
|110 HSE||₹101.04 Lakh|
|110 X-Dynamic HSE||₹104.24 Lakh|
|110 X||₹108.19 Lakh|
The diesel-powered variants of the Land Rover Defender look identical to their petrol-powered counterparts. All models carry forward the same features, equipment and design elements as before, without any significant changes.
This includes features such as LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED taillights, heated and power-operated ORVMs, rain-sensing wipers, reverse parking camera, push-button start/stop, 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, heads-up display and many more.
The diesel-powered Defender also features the brand's All-Terrain Response System with air suspension, cruise control, traction control, six airbags, hill-hold assist, wade sensors and driver monitoring system; among others.
The only change is the addition of the diesel engine. This comes in the form of a 3.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit producing 298bhp at 4000rpm and 650Nm of peak torque between 1500 - 2500rpm. It is further mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Land Rover also claims that the diesel version of the Defender 90 is capable of accelerating from 0 - 100km/h in 6.7 seconds. While the Defender 110 diesel variants complete a 0 - 100km/h in 7 seconds. Both the diesel-powered 90 and 110 models come with an electronically-limited top speed of 191km/h.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender Diesel-Powered Variants
The Land Rover Defender is now available in both petrol and diesel engines, expanding its customer range in the market. The new Defender though continues to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz G 350d and the Jeep Wrangler in the country.