- 5 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- Movies Savita Bajaj Receives Financial Aid From Ayushmann Khurrana, Actor Transfers Huge Amount Into Her Account
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Lamborghini announces the new milestone achieved by the Urus as the production cross 15,000 units. This makes the performance SUV the best-selling model in the brand's history.
The milestone production model of the Urus bearing the chassis number 15,000 has been earmarked for the British market. The SUV is configured with the latest "Graphite Capsule" set of colours and finishes.
The exterior is made in the new shade of Grigio Keres Matt, with Verde Scandal details. The two-tone interior is dedicated to the new collection in Nero Ade/Verde Scandal.
The Urus has significantly contributed to the overall increase in Automobili Lamborghini sales since its presentation in December 2017. Lamborghini's sales doubled in 2019 in the first year of the launch of the Urus.
The Urus comes powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission with power sent to all four wheels. The powertrain produces a maximum of 641bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 850Nm at 4500rpm.
The Urus boasts one of the highest specific power ratings in its class, as well as the best power-to-weight ratio at 3.38 kg/HP. The SUV can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 3.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 305km/h. It also features multiple driving modes, electronically adjustable suspension and a carbon-ceramic brake package.
To accommodate the production for Urus, Lamborghini also expanded the shop floor from 80,000 square meters to 160,000 square meters. Called the 'Manifattura Lamborghini', is a dedicated assembly line to the SUV, that is based on the so-called Factory 4.0 model.
It integrates new production technologies to support workers throughout the assembly operations. Also In 2019, a paint shop dedicated entirely to the Urus was commissioned just like the production line. The new paint shop is based improved version of the Factory 4.0 model, which integrates new technologies including AI.
The Urus became the fastest car on ice as it set the speed record on the ice of Lake Baikal in Russia in March 2021, during the Days of Speed. The SUV registered a top speed of 298 km/h and an average speed from a standing start of 114 km/h over 1000 meters.
Thoughts About The Lamborghini Urus Production Crossing 15,000 Units
The demand for SUVs is increasing across the world regardless of the segment. Lamborghini understood the trend early on and introduced the Urus a couple of years ago. Now, the performance SUV is the best-selling model for the brand and has taken sales to a whole new level. 15,000 units in three years is an impressive achievement for the performance car manufacturer.