- 8 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 17 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 20 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Finance Fuel Rates: Petrol, Diesel Remain Unchanged For Second Straight Day
- Technology Apple M1 Pro, Apple M1 Max Explained: Most Powerful Apple Silicon
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition launched and prices start from Rs 10.79 lakh (ex-showroom) and goes up to Rs 11.89 lakh (ex-showroom). Previously, the Korean manufacturer had introduced a similar version of the Kia Seltos after it completed 1 year in the Indian automobile market.
The Indian automobile market has been very welcoming to the Korean car manufacturer and the brand achieved the 1 lakh vehicle sales milestone within nine months of its operations in the country.
Now, Kia has launched the Anniversary Edition of the Kia Sonet to celebrate the success of the sub-4m SUV in India. Apart from that, the Kia Sonet also achieved the 1-lakh sales milestone.
The Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition will be a limited-run model, and the Korean car manufacturer has announced that the model will be in production till the end of this financial year.
Like the Kia Seltos Anniversary Edition that was previously launched in the Indian market, the new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition is based on the mid-spec HTM trim. Moreover, the new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition will be available in four exterior shades - Aurora Black Pearl, Gravity Gry, Silver Steel, and Glacier White Pearl.
The Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition also comes with a few minor cosmetic upgrades over the standard Kia Sonet HTX variant. However, most of these changes are limited to the exterior of the new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition.
Most notable changes on the exterior of the new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition are the new front skid plate with orange accents, a new Tiger Nose front grille with orange accents, more orange accents on the sides and rear skid plates, and new side skirts finished in faux brushed aluminium.
Mr Tae-Jin Park, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Kia India said, "The Sonet has been one of our breakthrough products that have contributed to Kia's success in India. With sales of more than one lakh units in less than a year, the Sonet has already established itself as one of India's highest-selling compact SUVs.
To celebrate this adoration, we are excited to launch the anniversary edition of the Sonet. Carved out of sheer design excellence, the Anniversary edition Sonet is based on the concept of Aurochs and boasts a muscular look offering a bolder and premium driving experience to our young-at-heart customers."
As the new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition is based on the mid-spec HTM trim, it comes with features such as an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster, power-adjustable rearview mirror, keyless entry, engine Start/Stop button, Cruise Control, rear AC vents, multi-function steering wheel and many more.
Despite being based on the mid-spec, the Kia Sonet comes with a decent list of safety features such as dual airbags, ABS, EBS, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), auto headlamps, brake assist, rear parking camera and a few more.
The new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition can be specced with either a 1.5-litre CRDi diesel engine or a 1.0-litre GDi turbo petrol engine.
The diesel engine puts out 99 bhp and 250 Nm of torque when mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, whereas it puts out 114 bhp with a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine produces 118 bhp and 172 Nm of torque, and it is available with a 6-speed clutchless iMT manual transmission or a quick-shifting 7-speed DCT gearbox.
Thoughts About New Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition
The new Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition adds a lot of styling cues to the already stylish Kia Sonet. Apart from that, since the Kia Sonet Anniversary Edition will be manufactured in limited numbers, it will feel special for a long time.
Also, the Kia Sonet will be a great option for anyone looking for a sub-4m SUV with a good feature list.