- 42 min ago 2021 Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Unveiled In India — India’s First Hybrid Scooter
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Alcazar Bookings, Waiting Period & Delivery Details: Know Which Variant Has More Demand
- 6 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
- 18 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar India Launch Price Rs 16.30 Lakh: 7-Seater, Panoramic Sunroof Available
- Sports WTC Final NZ vs India: Twitter flooded with memes as incessant rain delays start of match in Southampton
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- Movies Barrister Babu: Anchal Sahu To Romance Pravisht Mishra Aka Anirudh?
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Color Variants Confirmed; Features, Availability, And More
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Finance RBI Grants Centrum To Set Up Small Finance Bank, Opening The Door For PMC Bank Takeover
- News Officials from Twitter India appear before Parliamentary Panel headed by Shashi Tharoor
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
UPDATE: Investigations have revealed that the Kia Seltos wasn't cut into two by rescue personnel. The SUV is said to have collided with the bridge wall at high-speed, which caused a tear on the floor. The roof welds then broke, resulting in the rear-end of the car separating.
Images of a Kia Seltos split in half have surfaced online and they are hair-raising to say the least. The SUV is said to have met with an accident near Chhindwara, on the road to Nagpur. Exact details of the crash are unknown at the moment, but it is being said that the car split into half when it crashed. Did it really split in half, or what really happened?
The Kia Seltos is one of the best-selling SUVs in India. It first debuted as the Kia SP2 Concept at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo. Since then, the car has gone on to become the mainstay of the Korean brand in the Indian market.
The Kia Seltos is equipped with adequate safety features. The Kia Seltos comes with upto six airbags, ABS with EBD, emergency stop signal, vehicle stability management, electronic stability control, etc.
These features are all widely considered to make a car safe. However, there are times when even the best in terms of safe technologies cannot stand their ground, and this incident is a perfect example.
Reports from the scene suggest that three occupants in the Kia Seltos were all killed in the crash. There are widespread rumours that the Kia Seltos split into two because of the crash. However, we find that conclusion to be a bit controversial.
There are indications that the Kia Seltos was cut into using a machine. It could have been either a grinder or a chainsaw. The exact reason for this is unknown at the moment. But a logical reason could be that the occupants of the car were inside and couldn't move.
The doors could be jammed shut because of the accident and those attempting a rescue needed to get them out. Yes, the windows could have been broken in order to help them, but the occupants could have been too injured to just pull them out of the window. There are way too many possibilities here and anything we say at the moment is speculation.
However, we can confirm that the Kia Seltos did not split into two because of the crash. The roof and the right hand side of the car sport clean cut lines. The left-side of the car though, tells a different story. The left side is where the impact has happened. It is said that the Kia Seltos crashed into a bridge at high-speed. The left-hand side of the SUV is damaged severely.
Thoughts On Kia Seltos Accident Images - Split In Half
The Kia Seltos is a brilliantly-engineered car. It drives well, is loaded with several safety features. This crash though, sadly seems to have shown the car in a bad light. We're sure the officials are conducting an investigation and a team from Kia India might also jump in on the investigations. Stay tuned for more updates on this front.
Image Source: Facebook