- 8 hrs ago 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- 10 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQB Electric SUV Revealed: Important Addition To Mercedes-Benz’s EV Lineup
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Running Operations In Pune Plant With Limited Staff: Details & More!
- 11 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Two Weeks Left To Grab These Offers!
- Technology Last Day Offers On Flipkart Carnival Sale April: Discount On Realme Smartphones
- Movies COVID-19 Vaccine For All Above 18: Kareena Kapoor, Riteish Deshmukh, Swara & Others Laud Government’s Move
- Sports WTC final to go ahead as planned: ICC after Britain adds India to travel 'red list'
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Lifestyle Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Jaguar has announced the launch date for its first-ever electric-SUV, the I-Pace in the Indian market. The new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV will go on sale in India from 23 March 2021. The launch has been delayed from the previous 9 March, as previously stated.
Bookings for the electric SUV in India officially began last year itself. Customers can book the electric SUV either online or by visiting company dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the Jaguar I-Pace will commence soon after the SUV's launch in the market.
Jaguar has also announced that their retailer network has started gearing up for the launch of the electric SUV. The company announced that 22 dealerships in 19 cities across India are now EV ready, in terms of charging infrastructure, as well as sales & after-sales support.
The charging infrastructure from Jaguar Land Rover extensively covers the metro cities and other key urban hubs as well. Retailers across the country have also received in-depth training and dedicated courses on EV by JLR, enabling them to cater to all customer requirements & queries.
Jaguar Land Rover has currently set up over 35 EV chargers at their retailer facilities across India. The Jaguar I-Pace can be charged using Tata Power's EZ charge network, which has over 200 charging points across India. These charging networks have been installed at convenient locations such as malls, restaurants, offices, residential areas and even on the highways.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"Electric Vehicles will not just be a new mobility solution, but owning one will also be a new ownership experience. We recognise this and have worked relentlessly with our Retailers to ensure that owning an EV is truly a hassle-free experience for our customers."
Talking about the electric SUV itself, the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace is said to offer a host of features and equipment. The I-Pace SUV will be offered in a range of three variants: S, SE and HSE; featuring LED headlamps, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual touchscreen system, full-length glass roof, four-zone climate control, air purifier, heads-up display and many more.
The Jaguar I-Pace will come powered by a 90kWh battery pack, sending power to two electric motors. Combined the electric powertrain is said to produce 400bhp and 696Nm of peak torque.
Jaguar claims the I-Pace will be able to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 4.8 seconds and hit a top speed of 200km/h. While there is no ARAI-certified range figure yet, the official WLTP-rated range of the I-Pace on a single charge is 470km.
As mentioned before, the Jaguar I-Pace can be charged via the charging points set up at the brand's retailer network or use the EZ Charge network of Tata Power. The British carmaker will also offer customers a complimentary 7.5kW AC wall-mounted charger as well.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar I-Pace India Launch & Dealership Preparation
The Jaguar I-Pace will be the second premium all-electric SUV to be launched in the Indian market, post its rival, the Mercedes-Benz EQC. The I-Pace will also take on the upcoming Audi e-Tron, which is also expected to go on sale very soon.