- 9 min ago Upcoming Jeep Seven-Seater Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of Launch: Details & More!
- 19 min ago Bajaj Chetak Electric To Launch In Hyderabad & Chennai: New Cities Added!
- 42 min ago Royal Enfield Supports Silent Expedition Motorcycle Ride For A Cause; Provides Meteor 350 Motorcycles
- 1 hr ago Honda Increases The Prices Of The Fifth Gen City, Amaze, Jazz & WR-V: Here Are The New Prices
- Movies Jaaved Jaaferi Feels His Son Meezaan Has All The Ingredients To Be A Good Actor And A Star
- News Deep Sidhu arrested for Jan 26 violence granted bail
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man Utd want Fofana as Liverpool still eye Konate
- Education Odisha Suspends Exams, Physical Classes In All Universities And Colleges
- Technology DoT Assigns Frequencies To All Spectrum Auction Bidders
- Finance Post Office Savings Account: Check New Penalty Rules For Non-Maintenance of Minimum Balance
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Jaguar has announced the launch date for its first-ever electric-SUV, the I-Pace in the Indian market. The new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV will go on sale in India from 23 March 2021. The launch has been delayed from the previous 9 March, as previously stated.
Bookings for the electric SUV in India officially began last year itself. Customers can book the electric SUV either online or by visiting company dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the Jaguar I-Pace will commence soon after the SUV's launch in the market.
Jaguar has also announced that their retailer network has started gearing up for the launch of the electric SUV. The company announced that 22 dealerships in 19 cities across India are now EV ready, in terms of charging infrastructure, as well as sales & after-sales support.
The charging infrastructure from Jaguar Land Rover extensively covers the metro cities and other key urban hubs as well. Retailers across the country have also received in-depth training and dedicated courses on EV by JLR, enabling them to cater to all customer requirements & queries.
Jaguar Land Rover has currently set up over 35 EV chargers at their retailer facilities across India. The Jaguar I-Pace can be charged using Tata Power's EZ charge network, which has over 200 charging points across India. These charging networks have been installed at convenient locations such as malls, restaurants, offices, residential areas and even on the highways.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"Electric Vehicles will not just be a new mobility solution, but owning one will also be a new ownership experience. We recognise this and have worked relentlessly with our Retailers to ensure that owning an EV is truly a hassle-free experience for our customers."
Talking about the electric SUV itself, the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace is said to offer a host of features and equipment. The I-Pace SUV will be offered in a range of three variants: S, SE and HSE; featuring LED headlamps, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual touchscreen system, full-length glass roof, four-zone climate control, air purifier, heads-up display and many more.
The Jaguar I-Pace will come powered by a 90kWh battery pack, sending power to two electric motors. Combined the electric powertrain is said to produce 400bhp and 696Nm of peak torque.
Jaguar claims the I-Pace will be able to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 4.8 seconds and hit a top speed of 200km/h. While there is no ARAI-certified range figure yet, the official WLTP-rated range of the I-Pace on a single charge is 470km.
As mentioned before, the Jaguar I-Pace can be charged via the charging points set up at the brand's retailer network or use the EZ Charge network of Tata Power. The British carmaker will also offer customers a complimentary 7.5kW AC wall-mounted charger as well.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar I-Pace India Launch & Dealership Preparation
The Jaguar I-Pace will be the second premium all-electric SUV to be launched in the Indian market, post its rival, the Mercedes-Benz EQC. The I-Pace will also take on the upcoming Audi e-Tron, which is also expected to go on sale very soon.