- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 11 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- News The bell has rung, Nadda tells Mamata Banerjee
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Jaguar has announced the launch date for its first-ever electric-SUV, the I-Pace in the Indian market. The new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV will go on sale in India from 23 March 2021. The launch has been delayed from the previous 9 March, as previously stated.
Bookings for the electric SUV in India officially began last year itself. Customers can book the electric SUV either online or by visiting company dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the Jaguar I-Pace will commence soon after the SUV's launch in the market.
Jaguar has also announced that their retailer network has started gearing up for the launch of the electric SUV. The company announced that 22 dealerships in 19 cities across India are now EV ready, in terms of charging infrastructure, as well as sales & after-sales support.
The charging infrastructure from Jaguar Land Rover extensively covers the metro cities and other key urban hubs as well. Retailers across the country have also received in-depth training and dedicated courses on EV by JLR, enabling them to cater to all customer requirements & queries.
Jaguar Land Rover has currently set up over 35 EV chargers at their retailer facilities across India. The Jaguar I-Pace can be charged using Tata Power's EZ charge network, which has over 200 charging points across India. These charging networks have been installed at convenient locations such as malls, restaurants, offices, residential areas and even on the highways.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"Electric Vehicles will not just be a new mobility solution, but owning one will also be a new ownership experience. We recognise this and have worked relentlessly with our Retailers to ensure that owning an EV is truly a hassle-free experience for our customers."
Talking about the electric SUV itself, the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace is said to offer a host of features and equipment. The I-Pace SUV will be offered in a range of three variants: S, SE and HSE; featuring LED headlamps, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual touchscreen system, full-length glass roof, four-zone climate control, air purifier, heads-up display and many more.
The Jaguar I-Pace will come powered by a 90kWh battery pack, sending power to two electric motors. Combined the electric powertrain is said to produce 400bhp and 696Nm of peak torque.
Jaguar claims the I-Pace will be able to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 4.8 seconds and hit a top speed of 200km/h. While there is no ARAI-certified range figure yet, the official WLTP-rated range of the I-Pace on a single charge is 470km.
As mentioned before, the Jaguar I-Pace can be charged via the charging points set up at the brand's retailer network or use the EZ Charge network of Tata Power. The British carmaker will also offer customers a complimentary 7.5kW AC wall-mounted charger as well.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar I-Pace India Launch & Dealership Preparation
The Jaguar I-Pace will be the second premium all-electric SUV to be launched in the Indian market, post its rival, the Mercedes-Benz EQC. The I-Pace will also take on the upcoming Audi e-Tron, which is also expected to go on sale very soon.