- 9 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- 10 hrs ago BMW 740Li M Sport Individual Edition Launched In India At Rs 1.42 Crore: 335bhp, Twin Turbo Engine
- 14 hrs ago 2022 Indian Auto Expo Postponed Due To COVID-19 Threat — New Dates To Be Announced Soon
- 15 hrs ago Honda NX200 Teased Ahead Of Launch — Honda Bets Big On Upcoming Budget ADV Tourer
- Technology Vijay Sales Apple Days: Discount Offers On Apple iPhone 12, 12 Mini, iPhone 11, Apple Watch, iPad, And More
- Movies Mahhi Vij And Jay Bhanushali Celebrate Daughter Tara's Second Birthday, Actress Pens Heartfelt Note
- News Assam's Cachar district declares Mizoram border no-drone zone
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Himanta leads prayers ahead of Lovlina's semi-final bout in Olympics
- Finance E-Vehicles Exempted From Registration Certificate Issue/Renewal Fee
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Lifestyle Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Isuzu India has updated its passenger vehicle range in the country. The company has launched the MU-X BS6 premium SUV offering in the country. The MU-X is the brand's flagship models that now retails at a starting price of Rs 33.23 lakh, ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu).
The updated MU-X BS6 SUV is available in two variants: 4X2 AT and 4X4 AT. The top-spec automatic variant now retails at Rs 35.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu). Booking for the 2021 MU-X is currently being accepted across India.
The biggest change on the BS6 MU-X will be the new smaller 1.9-litre diesel engine. It is the same unit as the ones powering the BS6 models of the pick-up. The new engine produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 360Nm; mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic as standard.
The SUV continues to be offered with a four-wheel-drive system and a low-range gearbox. The BS4 model of the MU-X was powered by a larger 3.0-litre engine producing 174bhp and a peak torque of 380Nm — 13bhp and 20Nm torque more than the new engine. However, due to the stringent emission norms, the company had to replace the larger engine with a smaller 1.9-litre.
Apart from the new powertrain, all other features and design on the BS6 premium SUV remain the same as the BS4 MU-X. This includes projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, 18-inch wheels, side-step flared wheel arches, front and back scuff plates along with dual-tone bumpers.
Interior features include automatic climate control, cruise control, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple Carplay, a semi-digital instrument cluster with a MID screen. dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors and a rear parking camera; among others.
The MU-X is available in an all-new colour scheme called the Nautilus Blue. This is in addition to the existing colour schemes: Red Spinal Mica, Silky White Pearl, Galena Grey, Black Mica and the Silver Metallic.
Along with the launch of the MU-X the company has also introduced its BS6 pick-up SUV range. The D-Max Hi-Lander will be the new base-spec variant of the pick-up truck. It now retails at a starting price of Rs 16.98 lakh. On the other hand, the V-Cross D-Max is offered in three variants — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Isuzu MU-X BS6 Launched In India With New Powertrain
Due to the stricter emission norms, the company was forced to replace the 3.0-litre diesel engine on the MU-X. However, the SUV continues to be a seven-seater offering with excellent off-road capabilities. The Isuzu MU-X rivals the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and the MG Gloster.