- 6 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Mimi Movie Review: Kriti Sanon Delivers A 'Param Sundar' Performance Which Tugs At Your Heartstrings
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
India's largest public EV charging station commences its operation in Navi Mumbai. The EV charging station is equipped with four DC chargers and 17 AC chargers, and it is built by the Mumbai-based Magenta group. The charging station is expected to help ease the range anxiety of EV owners in the city.
As of now, last-mile logistic companies are racing towards electrification as it is not only economical but can help companies achieve a carbon-neutral footprint. Mirroring this trend is the public transport segment. Adding to this is the ever-increasing number of private electric vehicles in the country.
In case of private vehicles, the electric two-wheeler segment is growing at a faster rate in tier 1 and tier 2 cities especially due to steeply rising fuel prices. EVs have become the default choice for many buyers looking for a city-friendly two-wheeler.
EVs in the four-wheeler category are also picking up pace pretty quickly. Some premium manufacturers have also introduced their premium EVs in the Indian market as CBUs. All of these EVs need one thing in common — charging stations.
This is where large charging stations like this one in Navi Mumbai come into the picture. They contribute largely to the EV ecosystem.
Maxson Lewis, Co-founder and Managing Director of Magenta Group was quoted as saying, "We have a total outlay of 4,000 chargers to be installed this year and close to around Rs 55 crore capex has been earmarked for this." He further added that, out of the 4,000 upcoming chargers, 1,000 units are to be put up in collaboration with HPCL.
Thoughts On India's Largest Electric Vehicle Charging Station Commencing Operations
India's EV segment is fast-growing and many non-automotive companies are eyeing this booming sector. Magenta Group is one such brand that has capitalised on the opportunity provided by electric vehicles.