- 8 hrs ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 9 hrs ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 11 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offers On Motorola G40 Fusion, G60, E7 Power, Motorola Razr, And More
- Sports Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dhananjaya guide Sri Lanka to a series-levelling win over depleted Indian side
- Movies Mohanlal To Shed 15 Kilos For His Sports Movie, Confirms Director Priyadarshan
- News Coronavirus cases: Gujarat govt eases lockdown restrictions; Allows 400 people in open ceremonies
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Tata Motors completes setting up India's largest solar car park at its facility in Pune. The solar setup is capable of producing over 86 lakh kWh of electricity annually.
The company has collaborated with Tata Power to add solar panels to the stockyard spanning 30,000 sq. meters at its manufacturing facility in Chikhali, Pune. The new solar plant establishment is part of the brand's net-zero carbon goal for 2039.
Both companies entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) on August 31, 2020. Despite the ongoing Covid-19 challenges, the partnership managed to commission the project in a record time of 9.5 months.
The 6.2 MWp solar stockyard is estimated to reduce 7,000 tons of carbon emissions annually and 1.6 lakh tons over its lifecycle. Also, cars parked under the solar panel will be offered additional protection.
Mr Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "At Tata Motors, we have consciously anchored sustainability in every aspect of our business by striving for more meaningful ways to reduce our impact on the planet, whilst providing exciting products and sustainable solutions to our customers.
We have always been conscious of the need to conserve energy and are committed to achieving 100% renewable energy source for all our operations. Our partnership with Tata Power to deploy India's largest solar carport at our car plant in Pune is a step in that direction."
Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said, "As One Tata initiative, we are proud to partner with Tata Motors and inaugurate India's largest solar carport. Our partnership is a testament to our collective efforts to lower the carbon footprint and provide innovative and future-focused green energy solutions. We will continue to explore new ways to harness clean resources and offer them to our partners and customers."
Thoughts About India's Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors
Auto manufactures are committing towards eco-friendly manufacturing to reduce the carbon footprint in the country. The new solar car park from Tata Motors will generate a substantial amount of clean energy, which will be used for the operation of the production facility.