- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- 2 hrs ago BMW 740Li M Sport Individual Edition Launched In India At Rs 1.42 Crore: 335bhp, Twin Turbo Engine
- 5 hrs ago 2022 Indian Auto Expo Postponed Due To COVID-19 Threat — New Dates To Be Announced Soon
- 6 hrs ago Honda NX200 Teased Ahead Of Launch — Honda Bets Big On Upcoming Budget ADV Tourer
- Technology Realme GT 5G Series To Comprise Three Models In India; Company Eyeing Flagship Segment?
- Sports Eriksen returns to Milan after cardiac arrest at Euros
- News Coronavirus returns to haunt Wuhan; Officials begin mass testing for COVID-19
- Finance Due Dates For Electronic Filing of Various Forms Extended, Details Here
- Movies Raj Kundra's Son Viaan Hugs Mommy Shilpa Shetty In His Latest Instagram Post; Netizens Ask Him To Stay Strong
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Lifestyle Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Tata Motors completes setting up India's largest solar car park at its facility in Pune. The solar setup is capable of producing over 86 lakh kWh of electricity annually.
The company has collaborated with Tata Power to add solar panels to the stockyard spanning 30,000 sq. meters at its manufacturing facility in Chikhali, Pune. The new solar plant establishment is part of the brand's net-zero carbon goal for 2039.
Both companies entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) on August 31, 2020. Despite the ongoing Covid-19 challenges, the partnership managed to commission the project in a record time of 9.5 months.
The 6.2 MWp solar stockyard is estimated to reduce 7,000 tons of carbon emissions annually and 1.6 lakh tons over its lifecycle. Also, cars parked under the solar panel will be offered additional protection.
Mr Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "At Tata Motors, we have consciously anchored sustainability in every aspect of our business by striving for more meaningful ways to reduce our impact on the planet, whilst providing exciting products and sustainable solutions to our customers.
We have always been conscious of the need to conserve energy and are committed to achieving 100% renewable energy source for all our operations. Our partnership with Tata Power to deploy India's largest solar carport at our car plant in Pune is a step in that direction."
Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said, "As One Tata initiative, we are proud to partner with Tata Motors and inaugurate India's largest solar carport. Our partnership is a testament to our collective efforts to lower the carbon footprint and provide innovative and future-focused green energy solutions. We will continue to explore new ways to harness clean resources and offer them to our partners and customers."
Thoughts About India's Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors
Auto manufactures are committing towards eco-friendly manufacturing to reduce the carbon footprint in the country. The new solar car park from Tata Motors will generate a substantial amount of clean energy, which will be used for the operation of the production facility.