- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Hyundai has suspended the third shift of production at its factory in Chennai. Amid the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the state of Tamilnadu, Hyundai has temporarily suspended the third shift at its plant from May 31 to June 19, 2021.
Even though the decision to temporarily suspend one of the three shifts has affected the overall production at the Chennai manufacturing plant, the decision can help control the rising number of COVID-19 cases.
Before the decision to work in two shifts, the Korean manufacturer had shut down its plant completely for a week due to the stringent lockdown introduced to curb the sudden spike in the number of cases.
During this lockdown, many automotive manufacturers in the northern states also closed down their manufacturing plants completely. The decision to close down the plants temporarily enabled the oxygen suppliers to divert their entire production to hospitals treating COVID-19 patients.
During the month of April, Hyundai's Venue outsold the compact SUV sales champ, Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It sold 25 units more than its rival from Japan, taking the monthly tally to 11,245 units.
Hyundai's decision to work on just two shifts can further extend the waiting period for in-demand models like the Venue and the Creta. However, the employees working at Hyundai's plant will be paid 50% of their current wage and the other 50% will be treated as compensatory leaves.
Thoughts On Hyundai's Decision To Work Two Shifts At Its Factory
The plan to reduce the number of shifts at the factory is a good way of controlling the spread of the virus in the community. Hyundai will be looking forward to resuming manufacturing at full swing as soon as possible.