- 34 min ago Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- Finance Nureca Makes Stellar Market Debut, Lists At Over 50% Premium
- News Coronavirus cases: India reports 16,738 new COVID-19 cases, 138 deaths in last 24 hours
- Movies Nithiin Reddy Talks About His Dream To Share Screen Space With Pawan Kalyan And Vakeel Saab’s Release
- Sports India vs England, 3rd Test: Upset over third umpire calls, visitors approach match-referee Srinath
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For February 25, 2021: Your Chance To Win Sony DSLR Camera
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sanya Malhotra: Her Top 3 Stunning Fashion Moments Decoded
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Hyundai's performance brand 'N-Line', is said to be entering the Indian market soon. According to reports from Autocar India, the N-Line brand will come to India sometime in mid-2021, with the i20 N-Line expected to be their first model.
The performance division from Hyundai comes in two ranges, ‘N-Line' and ‘N'. The ‘N-Line' offers just sporty upgrades to the standard model, such as interior and exterior updates, suspension modification and tweaked brakes. The ‘N' range offers full-blown high-performance models, with powerful engines, along with aero kits, upgraded chassis, suspension, brakes and other components.
Hyundai India will start off with the N-Line models and could introduce the i20 N-Line as its first product. The new Hyundai i20 N-Line is expected to be powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque.
The N-line version of the i20 could receive a sportier exhaust, sporty interior and exterior trims and some tweaks to its suspension and braking systems. These slight tweaks will also help Hyundai keep the cost of its N-Line models affordable. The Hyundai i20 N-Line once launched in India is expected to come with a price tag of Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Having said that, reports also suggest that Hyundai is also considering the possibility of introducing the full-blown high-performance ‘N' models as well. The Hyundai i20 N model comes with a much larger 1.6-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 204bhp and 275Nm of peak torque.
This model, if introduced in India, will make use of import regulations, which allows bringing in 2,500 of non-homologated cars annually. If Hyundai does manage to import the high-performance version, it will be priced over Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom.
However, reports also suggest that if the N-Line models do become successful, Hyundai will also consider locally assembling these performance models in India, allowing it to be priced more affordably in the future.
Thoughts On The Hyundai N-Line Coming To India
Hyundai is now the second-largest carmaker in India, with all its models doing extremely well in the country. The introduction of the N-Line could further boost the image of Hyundai in the market, while also allowing it to target the driving enthusiast segment.