- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 17 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 18 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports UFC Vegas 20 results: Gane dominates Rozenstruik for decision win as Ankalaev outworks Krylov
- News India records 16,752 fresh COVID-19 cases, biggest single-day jump in 30 days
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Hyundai's performance brand 'N-Line', is said to be entering the Indian market soon. According to reports from Autocar India, the N-Line brand will come to India sometime in mid-2021, with the i20 N-Line expected to be their first model.
The performance division from Hyundai comes in two ranges, ‘N-Line' and ‘N'. The ‘N-Line' offers just sporty upgrades to the standard model, such as interior and exterior updates, suspension modification and tweaked brakes. The ‘N' range offers full-blown high-performance models, with powerful engines, along with aero kits, upgraded chassis, suspension, brakes and other components.
Hyundai India will start off with the N-Line models and could introduce the i20 N-Line as its first product. The new Hyundai i20 N-Line is expected to be powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque.
The N-line version of the i20 could receive a sportier exhaust, sporty interior and exterior trims and some tweaks to its suspension and braking systems. These slight tweaks will also help Hyundai keep the cost of its N-Line models affordable. The Hyundai i20 N-Line once launched in India is expected to come with a price tag of Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Having said that, reports also suggest that Hyundai is also considering the possibility of introducing the full-blown high-performance ‘N' models as well. The Hyundai i20 N model comes with a much larger 1.6-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 204bhp and 275Nm of peak torque.
This model, if introduced in India, will make use of import regulations, which allows bringing in 2,500 of non-homologated cars annually. If Hyundai does manage to import the high-performance version, it will be priced over Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom.
However, reports also suggest that if the N-Line models do become successful, Hyundai will also consider locally assembling these performance models in India, allowing it to be priced more affordably in the future.
Thoughts On The Hyundai N-Line Coming To India
Hyundai is now the second-largest carmaker in India, with all its models doing extremely well in the country. The introduction of the N-Line could further boost the image of Hyundai in the market, while also allowing it to target the driving enthusiast segment.