- 13 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Hyundai had previously announced that the company will be bringing in their N-Line performance range of models to the Indian market. These N-Line range of models are essentially a more powerful version of some of the standard products already on sale.
Reports also suggested that the first of these performance models to enter the Indian market will be the Hyundai i20 N-Line. This as the name suggests is based on the latest iteration of the premium hatchback which went on sale in India late last year.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the upcoming Hyundai i20 N-Line has been spotted undergoing testing in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Spy pics of the new i20 N-Line were released by Team-BHP, showcasing the car camouflaged on the busy streets of the city.
The images though did reveal a few design elements, confirming that the model being tested is indeed part of Hyundai's N-Line range. These elements include the dual exhaust tips at the back and a set of larger alloy wheels.
The Hyundai i20 N-Line is also expected to feature a slightly different body kit as compared to the standard. This includes a larger front grille, revised bumper with a bigger air intake, ‘N-Line' badging on the front grille, contrasting highlights all around, new side skirts and side sills and a few other changes as well.
There will also be similar changes made to the interiors as well, providing a more sporty characteristic.
Apart from the cosmetic changes, the upcoming Hyundai i20 N-Line is also said to feature a few mechanical upgrades as well. This includes the suspension setup and the brakes.
The new i20 N-Line is expected to be powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine as on the standard model. This engine will produce 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. However, the exact details of the engine and powertrain are yet to be announced.
Hyundai is expected to price the Hyundai i20 N-Line at a slight premium, compared to the standard model. The performance variant is expected to be offered with a price tag starting at around Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Apart from the ‘N-Line' version, Hyundai is also expected to import its full-blown ‘i20 N' model to India as well. This full-blown Hyundai i20 N will come with a more powerful 1.6-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces 204bhp and 275Nm of peak torque. This model will be imported by Hyundai as a CBU (Completely Built Unit), making use of their 2,500 units import allowance without homologation.
Thoughts On The Hyundai i20 N-Line Spotted Testing In India
The Hyundai i20 N-Line has been spotted testing in India ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The N-line is a sportier version of the popular premium hatchback and will be aimed at enthusiasts in the country.