- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 8 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 1 day ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Sports India vs England, 1st Test: Virat Kohli claims unwanted batting record after getting dismissed for golden duck
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: BB Fulfils Vaishnavi Gowda’s Wish, Actress Receives Sweet Audio Message From Her Mother
- News Assam govt withdraws Mizoram travel advisory; To work towards border peace
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Technology Xiaomi Independence Day Sale: Discounts And Offers You Can Get
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
Hyundai is launching its seven-seater SUV, the Alcazar, on June 18 this month. However, the carmaker was supposed to launch the Alkazar SUV earlier in the Indian market, but Alcazar's launch had to be postponed due to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. The three-row Creta-based SUV will be having its world premiere when launched in the Indian market.
The company recently started accepting bookings for the all-new Alcazar. According to some reports, ahead of its launch, Hyundai has begun dispatch of the Alcazar SUV in India. The Hyundai Alcazar will be loaded with features and will come with petrol and diesel engine options. So, here are a few things that you should know about the upcoming seven-seater SUV.
Exterior & Design
The upcoming Alcazar has also been spotted testing on a number of occasions earlier in India. From the Spy images it has been seen that In terms of design, the Hyundai Alcazar is very similar to the Creta from the front, until the B-Pillar. It gets the same LED headlight and DRL setup. There is a small tweak that the company has made to the SUV is by fitting it with a different grille and skid plate.
However, the change in the Alcazar is only noticeable from the rear door onwards. However, the overall design seems slightly more imposing, thanks to the large rear quarter. The Alcazar also has the best-in-segment wheelbase of 2,760mm. The Alcazar will be available mainly in six trims: Signature, Signature (O), Prestige, Prestige (O) and Platinum, Platinum (O). The six and seven-seat configurations will also be limited depending on the variant.
Moving to the colour options, the Hyundai Alcazar will be offered in six paint schemes. This includes Typhoon Silver, Titan Grey, Taiga Brown, Starry Night, Polar White and Phantom Black.
Interiors & Features
Interior wise, we expect the upcoming Hyundai Alcazar to get a roomy cabin courtesy of the 2,760mm wheelbase. As we mentioned earlier, the company will offer both a 7-seater version and a more luxurious 6-seater version, where the middle bench seat is replaced with a pair of captain seats. The Alcazar will be offered with a single interior Cognac Brown colour option.
The centre stage of the dashboard is taken by a large 10.25 inch horizontally laid out touchscreen infotainment unit that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay along with Hyundai's connected technology. The SUV will also get a fully digital instrument cluster. These two screens make the cabin look far more premium. To give it that upmarket feel, Hyundai has also equipped the Alcazar with a flat-bottom steering wheel and fancy gear lever.
Further features include an eight-speaker Bose audio system, 64-colour ambient lighting, eight-way adjustable driver seat, smart panoramic sunroof, wireless charging, a 360-degree camera, automatic climate control and many more.
The Alcazar will feature multiple powertrain options. The petrol engine offering is via a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, DOHC naturally-aspirated engine. The unit produces 157bhp of maximum power and a peak torque of 192Nm. On the other hand, it will also be offered a 1.5-litre diesel engine option.
It is the same four-cylinder turbocharged unit from the Creta that produces 115bhp of maximum power and a peak torque of 250Nm. Both the engines on the Alcazar will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
We can expect Hyundai to launch the all-new Alcazar SUV between the price range of 12.5 to 20 lakh ex-showroom. The Creta Starts At 9.99 lakh ex-showroom, which might sound way cheaper than the entry-level Alkazar SUV, but the base variant of the Alcazar will be as feature-loaded as the mid-spec variant of the Creta.
Once launched the all-new Hyundai Alcazar will go up against the likes of the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Hyundai Alcazar SUV
Hyundai will be offering a number of trims and variants with the upcoming Alcazar SUV, much like other models in the line-up. This enables Alcazar customers to choose the trim and variant that suits their requirements. The launch of the upcoming three-row SUV had to be postponed for a couple of months due to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. We will soon get our hands on the new Alcazar SUV and come up with a detailed review of the vehicle, till then stay tuned.