- 37 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- Sports French Open 2021: Novak Djokovic fights back from two sets down to clinch his 19th Grand Slam title
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Hyundai has released a new promo video for the upcoming Alcazar SUV. In the video, all SUVs currently sold by the brand are seen driving at the Great Rann of Kutch salt marsh. This includes the Hyundai Creta, Hyundai Venue, Hyundai Tucson and the Hyundai Kona EV.
The 1 km long ‘Alcazar' name was etched into the salt flats in the promo video to welcome the upcoming SUV from Hyundai. Experts from across the country came together for this unique expedition in the Rann of Kutch, to take on the grand task of inscribing ‘Alcazar' on the salt flats.
The Hyundai Alcazar's launch in the Indian market has been postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The three-row Creta-based SUV was expected to arrive sometime this month after getting postponed from its initial launch timeline of April 2021.
However, the current situation has forced the manufacturer to push the launch of the Alcazar to June 2021. The Alcazar will be having its world premiere in India when launched in our market next month.
Ahead of its launch, the company has already unveiled the pre-production form of the Alcazar in the country. The Alcazar, which is essentially a three-row version of the Creta has undergone several changes.
This includes the addition of the third row of seating with an increase in the wheelbase of 150mm longer than the Creta. The total wheelbase of the extended SUV stands at 2,760mm.
The Alcazar will be offered in two seating configurations. The 6-seater models will feature captain seats in the second row, while the 7-seater variant will feature a bench seat in the middle.
The Alcazar will feature multiple powertrain options. The petrol engine offering is via a 2.0-litre ‘NU' four-cylinder DOHC naturally-aspirated engine. It produces a maximum of 157bhp and a peak torque of 192Nm.
On the other hand, it will also be offered a 1.5-litre diesel engine option. It is the same four-cylinder turbocharged unit from the Creta that produces a maximum of 115bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. Both engines will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
Mr Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "With new and innovative thinking, HMI has led the introduction of India's favourite SUVs, making Hyundai the highest selling SUV brand in India in 2020. Hyundai SUVs have taken the market by storm with CRETA, VENUE, TUCSON and KONA Electric redefining the aspirations of customers."
He further added, "To elevate the Hyundai SUV Life further, we are geared up to soon introduce our premium 6- and 7-Seater SUV, ‘The Hyundai ALCAZAR'. We have welcomed the newest member of the Hyundai SUV family by adopting a personalized approach reflecting our actions and limitless thoughts and push boundaries, leading to the creation of a stunning and memorable expedition at the Rann of Kutch."
Thoughts About The Hyundai Alcazar New Promo Video Released Ahead Of India Launch
Hyundai is keeping the buzz going around the launch of the Alcazar. The new promo video also showcases the various SUVs from Hyundai that are on offer in different segments. With the launch of Alcazar, the company will also be entering another segment. The Hyundai Alcazar will rival the Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus, Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Jeep Commander.