- 10 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 17 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Disha Patani Asks, 'Humare Friend Banoge?' Kickstarts #TheYKKAGroove
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Japanese carmaker Honda has revealed the SUV RS concept at the 2021 GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show. The SUV RS concept previews the production SUV that is expected to be Honda's rival for the Hyundai Creta in India.
The Skoda SUV RS is based on the same platform as the Honda City sedan and like its sibling is expected to be longer than the 4,000mm mark when it arrives in production guise. Honda has not given any details about the new SUV RS concept's dimensions.
Also not revealed are details about the concept SUV's powertrain. However, we do expect the production-spec SUV to feature the Honda City's 1.5-litre powerplant underneath its sculpted bonnet.
The newly unveiled Honda SUV RS concept design borrows elements from the larger HR-V SUV. The SUV RS concept from Honda features sleek wraparound headlights which wrap around the sides of the vehicle. The headlights also play host to the daytime running lights which are full LED units. A strip of chrome connects the headlights to the large 3D Honda badge at the centre of the sleek grille.
The front bumper features vertical plastic fitting on either side that play host to the fog lamps. The front bumper also sports a large air dam and faux skid plate in its centre section.
The sides of the SUV RS play host to large chunky wheel arches that rather easily dwarf the blacked out alloy wheels as well as black plastic cladding to give it a more rough and tumble look.
The roofline of the SUV RS concept is more coupe-esque as it slopes towards the rear end of the concept vehicle. The rear end of the SUV sports horizontal LED taillights that are connected to the Honda badge at the centre. Also present at the rear end is a small spoiler.
Honda also has not revealed the interior of the SUV RS concept. However, we do expect the production spec vehicle to feature a large touchscreen infotainment display with a host of connected car tech. We also expect the new Honda SUV to feature a host of safety features including multiple airbags and driver assistance systems.
Thoughts On The Honda SUV RS Concept
The Honda SUV RS Concept shows off a future mid-size SUV from the Japanese carmaker that is expected to make its way to India.
If the new SUV for India looks anything like the SUV RS concept then Honda could have a big winner on its hands. With its boxy SUV design and modern design tweaks in the form of sleek headlights and lightbar taillights along with quite a few bits of chrome, the SUV RS appeals to the Indian SUV buyer.
India, however, is not the first market for the new mid-size SUV which is only expected to arrive on our shores in two years time. By that time, it may just be a bit too late for Honda to make a proper impact on one of the most competitive segments in the Indian car market.