- 13 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 18 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 21 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Finance Cryptocurrencies Recover In Price: Bitcoin Up 6%, Dogecoin Rallies 20%
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Honda has shut down its manufacturing plant at Tapukara, Rajasthan to facilitate periodic annual maintenance works. The annual maintenance work at the Tapukara facility will last 12 days long, and it is scheduled to take place from the 7th of May to the 18th of May 2021.
The manufacturing facility at Tapukara has an annual production capacity of almost 1.8 lakh units. This move may delay the production of some of the on-demand vehicles like the new 5th-generation Honda City and Honda Jazz. it is worth noting that the Honda Jazz saw an increase in month-on-month sales despite the pandemic-related lockdowns and curfews.
A Honda Cars India spokesperson was quoted as saying, "In view of the current severe situation from the second wave of COVID-19, the company has informed its associates and suppliers that the company is making calendar adjustments along with its maintenance block closure at its manufacturing plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. The manufacturing operations will resume from May 19. The maintenance block closure was originally scheduled from mid of May 2021."
This move from Honda comes just a few days after other manufacturers like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and MG announced the shutdown of their respective manufacturing facilities for periodic annual maintenance work.
That being said, Honda currently offers three sedans, one hatchback and one SUV to Indian consumers. The range kick starts with their sub-4-metre hatchback, the Honda Amaze priced at Rs 6,22,439. Other Honda cars on sale in India include the Jazz, 5th Generation City, WR-V, and even the 4th Generation City.
Thoughts On Honda's Shutting Down Its Manufacturing Plant
Honda's decision to shut down its Tapukara manufacturing plant temporarily for 12 days to aid periodic annual maintenance is a welcome decision during this pandemic. Not only does it help in the maintenance, but it also acts as a lockdown of the facility to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.