- 4 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 5 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 6 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 7 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Sports Former Olympic gold medallist shuttler Markis Kido passes away
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- News Kerala CM hints at region-wise restrictions; Lockdown strategy to change after June 16
- Movies Exclusive: Nikita Rawal On Bold OTT Content And Why She Has Declined Such Offers
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Honda has shut down its manufacturing plant at Tapukara, Rajasthan to facilitate periodic annual maintenance works. The annual maintenance work at the Tapukara facility will last 12 days long, and it is scheduled to take place from the 7th of May to the 18th of May 2021.
The manufacturing facility at Tapukara has an annual production capacity of almost 1.8 lakh units. This move may delay the production of some of the on-demand vehicles like the new 5th-generation Honda City and Honda Jazz. it is worth noting that the Honda Jazz saw an increase in month-on-month sales despite the pandemic-related lockdowns and curfews.
A Honda Cars India spokesperson was quoted as saying, "In view of the current severe situation from the second wave of COVID-19, the company has informed its associates and suppliers that the company is making calendar adjustments along with its maintenance block closure at its manufacturing plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. The manufacturing operations will resume from May 19. The maintenance block closure was originally scheduled from mid of May 2021."
This move from Honda comes just a few days after other manufacturers like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and MG announced the shutdown of their respective manufacturing facilities for periodic annual maintenance work.
That being said, Honda currently offers three sedans, one hatchback and one SUV to Indian consumers. The range kick starts with their sub-4-metre hatchback, the Honda Amaze priced at Rs 6,22,439. Other Honda cars on sale in India include the Jazz, 5th Generation City, WR-V, and even the 4th Generation City.
Thoughts On Honda's Shutting Down Its Manufacturing Plant
Honda's decision to shut down its Tapukara manufacturing plant temporarily for 12 days to aid periodic annual maintenance is a welcome decision during this pandemic. Not only does it help in the maintenance, but it also acts as a lockdown of the facility to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.