- 5 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 9 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 12 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Movies Exclusive: Rumi Jaffery Writes On Sushant Singh Rajput - Read His Heartfelt Note
- Technology Windows 11 Is Real And People Are Already Using It: Download Windows 11
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Honda has shut down its manufacturing plant at Tapukara, Rajasthan to facilitate periodic annual maintenance works. The annual maintenance work at the Tapukara facility will last 12 days long, and it is scheduled to take place from the 7th of May to the 18th of May 2021.
The manufacturing facility at Tapukara has an annual production capacity of almost 1.8 lakh units. This move may delay the production of some of the on-demand vehicles like the new 5th-generation Honda City and Honda Jazz. it is worth noting that the Honda Jazz saw an increase in month-on-month sales despite the pandemic-related lockdowns and curfews.
A Honda Cars India spokesperson was quoted as saying, "In view of the current severe situation from the second wave of COVID-19, the company has informed its associates and suppliers that the company is making calendar adjustments along with its maintenance block closure at its manufacturing plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. The manufacturing operations will resume from May 19. The maintenance block closure was originally scheduled from mid of May 2021."
This move from Honda comes just a few days after other manufacturers like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and MG announced the shutdown of their respective manufacturing facilities for periodic annual maintenance work.
That being said, Honda currently offers three sedans, one hatchback and one SUV to Indian consumers. The range kick starts with their sub-4-metre hatchback, the Honda Amaze priced at Rs 6,22,439. Other Honda cars on sale in India include the Jazz, 5th Generation City, WR-V, and even the 4th Generation City.
Thoughts On Honda's Shutting Down Its Manufacturing Plant
Honda's decision to shut down its Tapukara manufacturing plant temporarily for 12 days to aid periodic annual maintenance is a welcome decision during this pandemic. Not only does it help in the maintenance, but it also acts as a lockdown of the facility to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.