- 8 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 13 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Ford is gearing up to launch the much-awaited Figo petrol automatic in the BS6 era. The upcoming hatchback is expected to go on sale in the coming months. Essentially, this would be a re-launch of the Figo petrol automatic as the hatchback was offered with an automatic in its BS4 format.
Ford Figo Petrol Automatic BS6
The company is expected to launch the hatchback with the same Dargon series 3-cylinder petrol engine paired to a 6-speed torque converter unit from the EcoSport. As a result, the power and torque figures are expected to remain similar to the manual petrol variant.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces a maximum of 95bhp and a peak torque of 119Nm; paired to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Additionally, the Figo is also offered with a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel unit churning out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque; mated to a five-speed manual. However, the diesel engine is not expected to receive the automatic gearbox.
Apart from the new gearbox, no other mechanical or cosmetic changes are expected on the new Figo petrol automatic. The company could offer the new automatic in mid and top-spec trims. This includes the Titanium and the Titanium Blu. Prices are expected to start at around Rs 7.2 lakh, ex-showroom.
As mentioned before, the rest of the features will be carried their manual counterparts. Some of the exterior and interior highlighted features include:
- Blacked-out grille & roof
- Fog lamps
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Charcoal black interiors
- Ford Pass connected technology
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
Ford could also look at launching the automatic gearboxes in the Aspire compact-sedan and the Freestyle crossover hatchback. These two models are based on the Ford Figo and use the same mechanicals. As a result, the new automatic gearbox could be a welcome addition to all three models.
Thoughts About The Ford Figo Petrol Automatic BS6 Launch Soon
Ford offered a petrol automatic of the Figo in the past. Initially, it featured a more powerful 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a DCT automatic lifted from EcoSport at the time. However, in 2019, the DCT was dropped and was replaced with a cost-effective 6-speed torque converter unit.
Finally, the engine and auto gearbox were dropped from the hatchback's line-up and was not updated to BS6-emission standards. Currently, due to the growing demand for automatics, the company has decided to re-introduce the variant of the Figo.