- 1 day ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 1 day ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 2 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 2 days ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Finance Sensex Ends Above 60,000 Pts., Maruti Suzuki Gains Over 6%
- Movies Tom Felton Shares Health Update After 'Scary Episode' On Golf Course, Assures Fans He Is On The Mend
- Sports ISL 2021-22 Transfer News: Champions Mumbai City FC complete signing of Mohammad Nawaz
- News 73 per cent population of Odisha has COVID-19 antibodies: Sero-survey
- Education Rajasthan BSTC Result 2021 Declared For Pre D.El.Ed Exam, Download At predeled.com
- Technology How To Recharge Your Mobile Number From BSNL Selfcare App?
- Lifestyle Yuvika Chaudhary’s Gharara Set Or Aamna Sharif’s Palazzo Set: Which Festive Outfit Will You Pick?
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
The Ford EcoSport facelift has been spotted testing for the first time ahead of its launch. The spy images reveal several changes made to the front. However, the rear of the SUV remains identical to the outgoing model.
The changes on the front include a new LED DRL placed lower down the bumper surrounding the fog lamps. However, the headlamp unit also seems to be having another set of DRLs as well.
The front grille seems to be updated with a broader design than the outgoing model. Look at another profile from the spy images, we could also spot the new alloy wheel design. Apart from that, the side profile of the new EcoSport remains unchanged.
The EcoSport pretty much kickstarted the compact SUV segment in India back in the year 2012. Very little has changed in terms of design over the years apart from few design tweaks. However, this new facelifted model also seems to be a tweak job rather than a refreshed model.
Similarly, the interiors of EcoSport has also undergone slight changes in the past. However, the upcoming facelifted model could undergo a complete design revision to keep up with the competition in the segment. This includes a new Sync 3 infotainment system, updated dashboard design and more.
Coming to the changes under the bonnet, Ford might retune the petrol and diesel engines to produce more power than the outgoing models. With segment rivals offering a wide variety of engine and transmission options, updated powertrains can improve the demand for the EcoSport in India.
Currently, the compact SUV is offered in two engine options: 1.5-litre petrol & 1.5-litre diesel. The petrol engine produces a maximum of 121bhp and 149Nm of torque paired to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, churns out a maximum of 99bhp and 215Nm of torque paired to a five-speed gearbox as standard.
The EcoSport features the brand's latest iteration of the 'Ford Pass' connected technology. The Ford Pass lets owners connect to their EcoSport via a smartphone application to control various features of the car. They can also access driving statistics to analyze and extract maximum performance or fuel efficiency.
Thoughts About The Ford EcoSport Facelift Spy Pics
The Ford EcoSport is an old-timer in the Indian market. The company will be giving the compact SUV a much-needed facelift in India. This should help the EcoSport compete against its new segment rivals such as the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Hyundai Venue and Kia Sonet; among others.
Image Source: TeamBHP