- 1 hr ago Toyota Yaris Discontinued In India; Toyota Belta Coming Soon
- 17 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 20 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 22 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- Movies Divyanka Tripathi On Arjun Bijlani Winning KKK 11: I Did Feel Bad; He Needed Victory, I Needed Recognition
- Sports ICC Rankings for Women ODI Players: Mithali Raj loses No 1 slot, Jhulan rises to No 2
- News Navjot Sidhu quits as Punjab Congress chief
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Technology Google Meet Live Transcriptions In Beta Testing: Steps To Switch On Live Captions On Google Meet
- Finance These Special Fixed Deposit Schemes Ending In September: Should You Invest?
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
Ford India is gearing up to launch another automatic version of its existing model. This time around the company is looking to add the automatic variant to the Aspire compact sedan.
The Aspire is based on the Figo hatchback and will most likely receive the same 6-speed torque converter unit. Ford recently launched the Figo with an automatic variant and is offered on two trims. As a result, the Aspire could be offered in two trims as well.
Much like the Figo, the Aspire was also offered in an automatic transmission variant. Initially, it featured a more powerful 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a 6-speed torque converter unit. However, the powertrain option was dropped and did not receive the BS6 update.
The Aspire automatic variant will continue to use the same three-cylinder petrol engine now paired to a 6-speed torque converter. It will use the same transmission as the new Figo AT that features 'Select Shift' technology. This enables the driver to manually choose a gear using a button placed on the gear lever.
- Max power: 95bhp @ 6500rpm
- Peak torque: 119Nm @ 4250rpm
Additionally, the AT variant will also feature a sport button and the traction control can be switched off. For ease of use, The Aspire AT will also feature a Hill Launch Assist. The compact sedan will continue to be offered with a five-speed manual gearbox as well.
Blacked-out grille & roof
- Fog lamps
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Charcoal black interiors
- Ford Pass connected technology
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
The Ford Aspire AT when launched is expected to carry a premium over its manual counterpart. Currently, the compact sedan retails between Rs 7.27 lakh and Rs 7.62 lakh, ex-showroom. The AT variants are expected to be Rs 90,000 more than the respective manual variants.
Thoughts About The Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon
The demand for automatic gearboxes is increasing in India. As a result, Ford is looking to re-introduce the automatic transmission options on its existing models catering to the on-going demand. Also, the Aspire is built in a similar fashion as the Figo and is expected to be an easy swap of the 6-speed torque converter that is introduced on the hatchback.