- 25 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Force Motors unveiled the new Gurkha SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, with an expected launch scheduled to take place sometime at the end of last year. However, the launch plans were postponed amidst the lockdown.
The company is now expected to bring in the new BS6-updated Force Gurkha to the Indian market in the coming months. Ahead of its launch in the country, CarWale has released spy images of the upcoming SUV, undergoing extensive testing on the outskirts of Pune.
As seen in the images, the prototype of the Force Gurkha is clearly the base-variant of the SUV. The images reveal the prototype without any camouflage, showcasing its design and exterior features offered.
The images showcase the BS6 Force Gurkha having LED DRLs surrounding the main circular headlamps, a single-slat grille, fog lamps, squared wheel arches, sidestep, bonnet-mounted indicators and snorkel mounted on the right-fender. We can also expect more features on the top-spec variant, which could be offered with additional equipment such as windscreen rails, roof rails, alloy wheels and many more.
The spy pics do not showcase the interiors of the upcoming Gurkha model. However, we expect the company to offer significant updates to the cabin and the dashboard as well. This includes offering modern features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, captain seats in the second row and plenty others. The BS6 Force Gurkha will also be offered with side-facing third-row seats; among others.
The BS6-compliant Force Gurkha is expected to be powered by a new Mercedes-Benz sourced 2.2-litre and 2.6-litre diesel engine options. While power and torque figures of both engine options are yet to be revealed, they are expected to come paired with a manual gearbox as standard. Power will be sent to the rear wheels, although the higher-spec trims could feature a 4x4 setup as well.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Force Gurkha BS6
The Force Gurkha is a popular all-terrain capable SUV offering in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the BS6 Force Gurkha will rival the likes of the new Mahindra Thar. Prices for the new Gurkha are expected to be at a slight premium compared to its predecessor.