- 10 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 11 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 11 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 12 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- Technology Flipkart Apple Days May 2021 Sale: Discount Offer On iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, And More
- News Centre eases procurement norms of medical supplies for various ministries
- Movies Jamai Raja Fame Ravi Dubey Tests Positive For Coronavirus; Shares Post On Social Media
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red! Whose Outfit Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Bentley is gearing up to reveal its first-ever EV in 2025. Bentley has committed itself to phase out internal combustion engines completely to become an EV-only luxury car brand. The launch of an all-new electric SUV from Bentley will also lay the foundation for the brand's transition to becoming a complete luxury-EV manufacturer.
Bentley has joined hands with Audi once again to develop the fully electric SUV in question. The new electric SUV from Bentley will make use of Volkswagen's Artemis Platform. However, Bentley states that they still have some concerns regarding the weight of the vehicle, as electric vehicles tend to be significantly heavier than their conventionally powered siblings.
However, the brand is positive about the rapid advancements in EV technology, which may pave the way for lighter EVs with better aerodynamics. As a stepping stone, Bentley is also developing plug-in Hybrid versions of the Flying Spur and Continental GT.
Sources indicate that these latest plug-in hybrid models of the Flying Spur and Continental GT are in the final stages of development and will hit the showrooms before 2022. As most brands under the Volkswagen roof had decided to take the EV-route, it is not a surprising decision from Bentley to follow a similar path.
This bold move from Bentley not only solidifies the future of automobiles as EVs, but it also delivers reassurance to smaller manufacturers and even the masses.
Thoughts On Bentley Becoming An EV Luxury Car Brand
The decision from Bentley is an example for other automobile manufacturers to take a bold decision and commit themselves to build future proof cars. EVs are definitely the future, and Bentley's decision has just reaffirmed it.