- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Vs Renault Kiger Sales Comparison For April 2021: Car Sales Report
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Company COVID-19 Relief: Contributes Over Rs 40 Crore & 2,000 Oxygen Concentrators
- 2 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Details: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Retains 2nd Spot; Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 Returns To Top 5
- News COVID-19: SC sets up national task force to assess and distribute oxygen throughout India
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Sports BREAKING NEWS: Neymar signs new PSG deal as he commits until 2025
- Finance Top Crypto News Round-Up; Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, And Cardano
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Bentley is gearing up to reveal its first-ever EV in 2025. Bentley has committed itself to phase out internal combustion engines completely to become an EV-only luxury car brand. The launch of an all-new electric SUV from Bentley will also lay the foundation for the brand's transition to becoming a complete luxury-EV manufacturer.
Bentley has joined hands with Audi once again to develop the fully electric SUV in question. The new electric SUV from Bentley will make use of Volkswagen's Artemis Platform. However, Bentley states that they still have some concerns regarding the weight of the vehicle, as electric vehicles tend to be significantly heavier than their conventionally powered siblings.
However, the brand is positive about the rapid advancements in EV technology, which may pave the way for lighter EVs with better aerodynamics. As a stepping stone, Bentley is also developing plug-in Hybrid versions of the Flying Spur and Continental GT.
Sources indicate that these latest plug-in hybrid models of the Flying Spur and Continental GT are in the final stages of development and will hit the showrooms before 2022. As most brands under the Volkswagen roof had decided to take the EV-route, it is not a surprising decision from Bentley to follow a similar path.
This bold move from Bentley not only solidifies the future of automobiles as EVs, but it also delivers reassurance to smaller manufacturers and even the masses.
Thoughts On Bentley Becoming An EV Luxury Car Brand
The decision from Bentley is an example for other automobile manufacturers to take a bold decision and commit themselves to build future proof cars. EVs are definitely the future, and Bentley's decision has just reaffirmed it.