- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- News Maharashtra Cabinet favours lockdown till May 31; Vaccination for 18-44 age group halted
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Bentley is gearing up to reveal its first-ever EV in 2025. Bentley has committed itself to phase out internal combustion engines completely to become an EV-only luxury car brand. The launch of an all-new electric SUV from Bentley will also lay the foundation for the brand's transition to becoming a complete luxury-EV manufacturer.
Bentley has joined hands with Audi once again to develop the fully electric SUV in question. The new electric SUV from Bentley will make use of Volkswagen's Artemis Platform. However, Bentley states that they still have some concerns regarding the weight of the vehicle, as electric vehicles tend to be significantly heavier than their conventionally powered siblings.
However, the brand is positive about the rapid advancements in EV technology, which may pave the way for lighter EVs with better aerodynamics. As a stepping stone, Bentley is also developing plug-in Hybrid versions of the Flying Spur and Continental GT.
Sources indicate that these latest plug-in hybrid models of the Flying Spur and Continental GT are in the final stages of development and will hit the showrooms before 2022. As most brands under the Volkswagen roof had decided to take the EV-route, it is not a surprising decision from Bentley to follow a similar path.
This bold move from Bentley not only solidifies the future of automobiles as EVs, but it also delivers reassurance to smaller manufacturers and even the masses.
Thoughts On Bentley Becoming An EV Luxury Car Brand
The decision from Bentley is an example for other automobile manufacturers to take a bold decision and commit themselves to build future proof cars. EVs are definitely the future, and Bentley's decision has just reaffirmed it.