- 12 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
FCA has announced that they will be expanding the local product lineup in the Indian market. The company has also confirmed that an investment of over $250 million has been committed towards the production of four new Jeep SUVs. The all-new local vehicle line-up includes the 2021 made-in-India Jeep Compass, a locally produced and global-first three-row Jeep SUV.
Along with this, the company also plans to introduce the iconic Jeep Wrangler and the next-generation Grand Cherokee, which is their flagship model. Both vehicles will be locally assembled under FCA's joint venture manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon. The four new products are expected to hit the Indian roads by the end of 2022.
Commenting on today's announcement, FCA India Managing Director, Partha Datta said, "Our new investment of $250 million will give us a competitive edge in multiple segments with our new Jeep SUVs rolling out of Ranjangaon. This investment is in addition to $450 million we have already committed to our Indian operations over the past five years. We are delighted to announce our exciting new products, coupled with our continued commitment to India in Jeep brand's 80th anniversary year."
The 2021 Jeep Compass is set to be unveiled in India on January 7, 2021, and production has already commenced. The luxury seven-seat mid-size Jeep, codenamed H6, will be launched in 2022. FCA recently announced its footprint expansion in India with investment in a Global Digital Centre in Hyderabad.
"We are determined to increase locally-made componentry in our vehicles which are produced in our joint venture manufacturing facility. Our plans in India are aimed at increasing the value proposition for customers through our products and services, working hard on customer satisfaction and unlocking business opportunities for our business partners," Dutta further added.
Thoughts About FCA India Expanding Its Local Product Lineup
With this expansion of the local product line-up, FCA plans to aim and create new employment opportunities with new facility development in the country. These new technologies will be featured on products introduced on a global scale.