- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has collaborated with Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) to set up EV charging stations across all major cities in India. Both companies have already signed an agreement for the next 10 years.
In this partnership, CESL looks to utilise the immense number of HPCL retail outlets to set up their EV charging stations. These EV charging stations will start operations in cities like Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata and Pune at first.
These charging stations will also have provisions for all kinds of charging options, which ranges from fast DC chargers to regular AC chargers. "Convergence Energy Services limited (CESL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
Reflecting this, Mr Mahua Acharya, MD & CEO, CESL, said, "Having a technologically-advanced and well-equipped charging infrastructure, with efficient accessibility is an important factor for making the transition to electric vehicles. This agreement is a part of our endeavour to help India achieve its e-mobility mission, and to decarbonise the transport sector in totality."
He went on to say, HPCL's long-standing heritage and established presence in several cities will be a key in our goal to propel an ecosystem for EVs and enable their widespread adoption."
The charging points set up in collaboration with CESL at HPCL will be operated via a dedicated app developed by CESL.
Thoughts On CESL Partnering With HPCL For EV Charging Outlets
HPCL is one of India's leading oil companies with more than 20,000 outlets in the country. CESL being a 100 percent owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited gives them credibility in the EV sector. Their resulting partnership can give a new breath of life to EV charging infrastructure.