- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 6 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 24 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Sports Tokyo 2020: PM Modi speaks to Manpreet, coach Reid after Olympic bronze; lauds team's hard work
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Technology Xiaomi Independence Day Sale: Discounts And Offers You Can Get
- News Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai to allocate portfolios to Ministers on August 6
- Movies Kate Winslet Hints 'Some Cool Ideas' For The Second Season Of Her Crime Series Mare Of Easttown
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
The Delhi government has given its approval for the single window process on EV charger installation. With this, any private or semi-public properties can easily install an EV charger within their premises.
Even though the government and some responsible citizens are doing their best to reduce air pollution in Delhi, it almost seems like the pollution has the overall upper hand in this struggle.
However, the nation's capital has set some new trends in the automotive industry with many people showing interest in EVs.
There are 9,000 electric vehicles currently registered in Delhi. This list includes registered electric cars, electric two-wheelers, and e-auto rickshaws. Apart from this, there are around 60,000 unregulated electric rickshaws operating in the Delhi-NCR.
For a city with so many EVs, there are just 77 fully-functioning EV charging stations around the city. These numbers translate to just 1 EV charging station for every 117 registered EVs in the city. The numbers quickly go out of hand once we factor in the e-rickshaws. It is just one EV charging station for every 896 electric vehicles.
These numbers are definitely worrisome. In order to tackle this, the Delhi government has approved the single-window process for EV charger installation. This newly initiated process will help the EV installer acquire and get approval on all documents related to the installation of the EV charger in an easier manner.
With this, Delhi also becomes the first state in India to ease the process of getting permission for EV installation. The decision comes after numerous apartment owners, individual house owners, schools, business entities approached the Delhi government seeking permission to install an electric vehicle charger.
The government of Delhi issued a statement that said, "In line with the vision set by CM Arvind Kejriwal of making Delhi the EV capital of India, Delhi will soon be the only city in the world where anyone can get an EV charger installed, net of Delhi government subsidy, by making a single phone call or applying online."
Thoughts On Application Process For EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becoming Easier
This a welcome initiative by the Government of Delhi, as the initiative will not only promote the sales of EVs around the city, but it will also set an example to other Indian cities with a growing EV segment. Delhi has certainly set an example for other cities when it comes to EV adoption.