- 22 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 24 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Movies Raj Surani Signs Pawandeep Rajan, Arunita Kanjilal And Shanmukhapriya For 20 Songs
- News To Rahul Gandhi's vaccine shortage remark, health minister's crushing comeback
- Finance 3 Best Equity Mutual Fund SIPs To Consider In 2021 From ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- Sports ISL: Chennaiyin FC sign Mirlan Murzaev to bolster attack, Mirlan becomes first Kyrgyz to feature in the league
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
The Delhi government has given its approval for the single window process on EV charger installation. With this, any private or semi-public properties can easily install an EV charger within their premises.
Even though the government and some responsible citizens are doing their best to reduce air pollution in Delhi, it almost seems like the pollution has the overall upper hand in this struggle.
However, the nation's capital has set some new trends in the automotive industry with many people showing interest in EVs.
There are 9,000 electric vehicles currently registered in Delhi. This list includes registered electric cars, electric two-wheelers, and e-auto rickshaws. Apart from this, there are around 60,000 unregulated electric rickshaws operating in the Delhi-NCR.
For a city with so many EVs, there are just 77 fully-functioning EV charging stations around the city. These numbers translate to just 1 EV charging station for every 117 registered EVs in the city. The numbers quickly go out of hand once we factor in the e-rickshaws. It is just one EV charging station for every 896 electric vehicles.
These numbers are definitely worrisome. In order to tackle this, the Delhi government has approved the single-window process for EV charger installation. This newly initiated process will help the EV installer acquire and get approval on all documents related to the installation of the EV charger in an easier manner.
With this, Delhi also becomes the first state in India to ease the process of getting permission for EV installation. The decision comes after numerous apartment owners, individual house owners, schools, business entities approached the Delhi government seeking permission to install an electric vehicle charger.
The government of Delhi issued a statement that said, "In line with the vision set by CM Arvind Kejriwal of making Delhi the EV capital of India, Delhi will soon be the only city in the world where anyone can get an EV charger installed, net of Delhi government subsidy, by making a single phone call or applying online."
Thoughts On Application Process For EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becoming Easier
This a welcome initiative by the Government of Delhi, as the initiative will not only promote the sales of EVs around the city, but it will also set an example to other Indian cities with a growing EV segment. Delhi has certainly set an example for other cities when it comes to EV adoption.