- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 11 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 12 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Finance RBI Liquidity Window Can Augment Healthcare Infra
- Movies Happy Birthday Vijay Deverakonda: 5 Praiseworthy Performances Of The Rowdy Star
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The India Government has installed a host of electric vehicle charging stations across India. The government aims to support EV buyers in the country by increasing the number of charging stations in the country.
A report compiled by the (DHI) Department of Heavy Industries has been release by FADA indicates the state-wise charging stations installed by the government in the country. The report also showcases the number of charging stations installed during the FAME I and the FAME II initiatives in the country.
According to the report, The FAME I scheme saw the government setting up charging station in few states. This includes Karnataka, Rajasthan, Delhi, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh Jharkhand and Telangana.
However, the FAME II scheme added few more states. This includes Kerala, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Jammu Kashmir, Uttrakhand, Bihar, Andra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and more.
According to the report, Maharashtra has the most number of charging station in the country. All the 317 stations have been installed after the FAME II scheme came into effect. Uttarakhand and Puducherry each have 10 charging stations installed by the Government of India.
A total of 314 electric vehicle charging stations have been installed during the FAME I scheme. On the other hand, the government installed a total of 2867 stations under the FAME II scheme. This is an impressive increase of over 900 per cent.
The demand for electric vehicles has been constantly increasing across all segments in the country. This includes two-wheelers, three-wheelers, four-wheelers and commercial vehicles. As a result, the government aims to increase the number of charging stations rapidly in the country.
The India Government also plans to rapidly expand the number of charging stations throughout the country with the help of oil companies. According to recent reports, petrol pumps across the country could get charging stations kiosk to support EV adoption in the country.
The government reports that there are over 69,000 fuel stations in the country and it plans to have at least one EV charger at each petrol pump. This will eliminate one of the biggest fear for existing and potential EV buyers, which is range anxiety.
According to a report from (CEEW) Council on Energy, Environment and Water, the Indian electric mobility sector registered nearly 1.35 lakh EVs in FY21. The Indian automobile market has registered over 6.38 lakh EVs since 2011-12 — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India
The Government of India aims for faster adoption of electric vehicle in the country. As a result, all efforts are being made by the government to attract buyers across all segment in the EV market. This includes incentives with the purchase of every electric vehicle and increasing the number of charging stations across the country.