- 21 min ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 2 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Education NEP 2020: PM Modi Launches ‘AI For All’ Initiative, Aims To Train 1 Million Indians In A Year
- News Mamata Banerjee in Delhi; Meets Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar
- Movies Salman Khan Wishes 'Baba' Sanjay Dutt With Throwback Picture On His Birthday!
- Sports IPL: Former India pacer R Vinay Kumar joins Mumbai Indians talent scout team
- Lifestyle August 2021: List Of Indian Festivals Falling In This Month
- Finance 3 High-Rated Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A03s India Support Page Goes Live; Hints Imminent Launch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has extended the validity of important vehicle documents like Registration Certificate (RC), Driving License (DL) till September 30, 2021.
The decision to extend the validity of these important documents were announced via MoRTH's official Twitter account. This comes as a blessing to many vehicle owners, especially those who are in the commercial sector.
The two official tweets read "Taking into consideration the need to prevent the spread of Covid-19, MoRTH has advised the enforcement authorities that the validity of fitness, permit (all types), licence, registration or any other concerned document(s) may be treated to be valid till September 30, 2021."
"This covers all documents whose validity has expired since February 1, 2020, or would expire by September 30, 2021. This will help out citizens in availing transport-related services, while maintaining social distancing,".
As per the government's official tweet, the MoRTH has extended the validity of important documents that pertain to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989, like Registration Certificate (RC), Driving License (DL), Fitness Certificate (FC) and all kinds of permits.
However, the extension is valid only for those vehicles whose documents expired since February 1, 2020. This means any vehicle documents that expired before this mentioned date will still be considered invalid irrespective of lockdown severity in that region.
It is to be noted that a similar advisory was issued to all states and union territories on March 30, 2020, June 9, 2020, August 24, 2020, December 27, 2020, and March 26, 2021. This was when the severity of the pandemic had forced people to stay home. Now, the second wave of the pandemic is starting to recede and the government believes that all backlogs can be cleared by 30 September.
Thoughts On The Government's Extending The Validity Of Important Vehicle Documents
Given the pandemic situation where many people are struggling to meet their basic needs, these humane decisions can help numerous families. Automotive manufacturers have also come up with several initiatives to help its customers, including extending service and warranty periods.