- 59 min ago Kawasaki Bike Prices Hiked For The Third Time This Year: Model-Wise New Vs Old Price List
- 2 hrs ago Bugatti Divo Production Ends — 40th Unit Of The Hypercar Rolls Off The Production Line
- 3 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift India Launch On August 17: Expected Price, Changes, New Features & More
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Sumit Nagal beats Denis Istomin in three-sets in opening round match
- News Former UP CM Kalyan Singh's health condition remains critical
- Movies Imlie Star Gashmeer Mahajani On His Bond With Sumbul Touqeer Khan: I Am The Official ‘Aaya’ Of Sumbul
- Technology Maxima Max Pro X4 Review: Well-Built, Feature-Loaded Smartwatch
- Education Want To Become A Tattoo Artist? Check Out Skills Required And Career Opportunities
- Finance 4 Stocks That Broking Firms Are Bullish And Have A "Buy" Rating
- Lifestyle Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has extended the validity of important vehicle documents like Registration Certificate (RC), Driving License (DL) till September 30, 2021.
The decision to extend the validity of these important documents were announced via MoRTH's official Twitter account. This comes as a blessing to many vehicle owners, especially those who are in the commercial sector.
The two official tweets read "Taking into consideration the need to prevent the spread of Covid-19, MoRTH has advised the enforcement authorities that the validity of fitness, permit (all types), licence, registration or any other concerned document(s) may be treated to be valid till September 30, 2021."
"This covers all documents whose validity has expired since February 1, 2020, or would expire by September 30, 2021. This will help out citizens in availing transport-related services, while maintaining social distancing,".
As per the government's official tweet, the MoRTH has extended the validity of important documents that pertain to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989, like Registration Certificate (RC), Driving License (DL), Fitness Certificate (FC) and all kinds of permits.
However, the extension is valid only for those vehicles whose documents expired since February 1, 2020. This means any vehicle documents that expired before this mentioned date will still be considered invalid irrespective of lockdown severity in that region.
It is to be noted that a similar advisory was issued to all states and union territories on March 30, 2020, June 9, 2020, August 24, 2020, December 27, 2020, and March 26, 2021. This was when the severity of the pandemic had forced people to stay home. Now, the second wave of the pandemic is starting to recede and the government believes that all backlogs can be cleared by 30 September.
Thoughts On The Government's Extending The Validity Of Important Vehicle Documents
Given the pandemic situation where many people are struggling to meet their basic needs, these humane decisions can help numerous families. Automotive manufacturers have also come up with several initiatives to help its customers, including extending service and warranty periods.