- 1 hr ago Petrol Prices Slashed In Jharkhand: Rs 25 per Litre Subsidy
- 4 hrs ago New BMW X3 Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 59.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Tata Punch Prices Revised: Prices Start From Rs 5.64 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Toyota Hilux India Launch Bookings Open: 2.8-Litre Engine, 4x4, Double Cab & More
- News PM Modi virtually inaugurate India-assisted projects in Mauritius: Check out his full speech
- Movies Ananya Panday Says Her Gehraiyaan Director Thought She Fainted When She Locked Herself In The Bathroom
- Finance Finance Minister To Release Rs 47,541 Cr Advance Installment of Tax Devolution To States
- Technology How To Check Snapchat Snaps For Multiple Times; Step-By-Step Guide
- Sports Star archery couple Deepika, Atanu dropped from TOPS program
- Education Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti: Essay On Netaji For Students In English
- Lifestyle Remodelling Your Kitchen? Here Are 8 Must-Haves To Take It To The Next Level
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
The new Citroen CC21 SUV has been spotted testing once again in India with heavy camouflage. This time, the upcoming Citroen CC21 SUV in its camouflage suit was spotted in Bangalore and the frequency of testing has increased dramatically, hinting at an imminent launch in the country.
The Citroen CC21 is the codename for the French carmaker's upcoming compact SUV for Indian consumers and Citroen describes the upcoming Citroen CC21 SUV as 'Made In India for Indians'.
The Citroen CC21 SUV might be called 'Citroen C3' in India and it will be positioned below the larger Citroen C5 Aircross in the country.
According to Citroen, the Citroen C3 SUV will utilise the French car manufacturer's Common Modular Platform (CMP) to keep the production costs down in order to make the SUV more affordable in markets like India.
The Citroen CC21 SUV will compete against the likes of Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet, and Mahindra XUV300 in the country.
The Citroen CC21 SUV was previously spotted testing and you can watch that video here to get a better glimpse of the upcoming French SUV.
The French carmaker is also very tight-lipped regarding the launch date of the subcompact SUV in India.
Since the compact SUV segment in India is very tight, the French carmaker has to pull out something different from the hat to stand out from the current crop of compact SUVs in India.
To stand out from the crowd, the French carmaker may offer the Citroen CC21 SUV with a flex-fuel engine, making the CC21 SUV the country's first SUV to come with a flex-fuel engine. This means the engine will be capable of running using both petrol and ethanol-based fuel.
According to sources, the upcoming Citroen C3 SUV will make use of a 1.2-litre turbocharged flex-fuel engine capable of pushing out 130 bhp. However, the SUV may even get a 1.6-litre naturally aspirated engine at least as an option to keep the overall production costs down for aggressive pricing.
Citroen may even downsize the 1.6-litre naturally aspirated engine to 1.5-litres to qualify for tax benefits. The Citroen C3 SUV will be offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard, though an automatic gearbox will be offered as an option.
Citroen previously released a teaser image of the Citroen C3 SUV, and from the teaser images, the compact SUV looks different to the larger Citroen C5 Aircross SUV with its split LED DRLs that merge with the grille which in turn seamlessly integrates with the Citroen logo.
Like many Citroen vehicles, we expect the upcoming Citroen C3 SUV to come with a quirky design language.
At present, Citroen's only vehicle available for sale in India is the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV and the SUV will compete against the likes of Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson and Volkswagen Tiguan in India.
The Citroen C5 Aircross SUV is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine with 176bhp and 400Nm of torque, and it is mated to a smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Citroen C3
The French carmaker, Citroen is betting big on the CC21 SUV as the Compact SUV segment in India is currently one of the hottest and most lucrative segments in India. Though the Citroen C3 may seem like a late entry, we expect it to make a huge impact for the French marque in India.