- 9 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 16 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Disha Patani Asks, 'Humare Friend Banoge?' Kickstarts #TheYKKAGroove
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Italian supercar manufacturer Ferarri has revealed the all-new Daytona SP3. The Ferrari Daytona SP3 is the third model in Ferrari's Icona series and is limited to just 599 units. Each Daytona SP3 costs 2 million Euros and all 599 units are already spoken for.
The Ferrari Daytona SP3 takes its name from the 1967 24 hours of Daytona where a 330 P3/4, 330 P4 and 412 P took the podium spots. The Daytona SP3 is the first mid-rear engined Ferrari since the iconic LaFerrari.
The Daytona SP3 is powered by Ferrari's 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 engine. The Ferrari Daytona's V12 engine features a 65-degree vee between its cylinder banks and has been dubbed the F140HC. The F140HC compared to the F140HB in the 812 Competizione sports a host of changes including titanium conrods and the use of different materials for the pistons.
The piston pins feature a diamond-like carbon treatment which reduces the coefficient of friction to improve performance and fuel consumption. The crankshaft is now 3 per cent lighter and has been rebalanced.
All these changes mean that the new F140HC in the Daytona SP3 is the most powerful engine ever built by Ferrari. The V12 engine that revs to 9,000rpm and produces 829bhp and 697Nm of peak torque which is sent to the rear wheels via an 8-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
The power figure along with the low weight (1,485 dry) of the SP3 allows the new limited-run to sprint from 0-100km/h in just 2.85 seconds. 0-200km/h takes 7.4 seconds and the top speed is in excess of 340km/h.
The design of the Ferrari Daytona SP3 is inspired by Ferrari racers from the past. The front is dominated by the wraparound windscreen and the large double-crested wings that Ferrari claims are a nod to the sculptural elegance of past sports prototypes of the likes of the 512 S, 712 Can-Am and 312 P.
The Ferrari Daytona SP3 features a Targa style roof and the new butterfly doors. These snazzy doors have an airbox integrated into them that channels air into the side-mounted radiators. The wing mirrors now sit atop the front wheel arches recalling again Ferrari's sports prototypes of the 1960s.
The rear section of the new Daytona features a central spine section with a clear glass section that highlights the large V12 engine. The rear end of the Daytona looks even wider than the front and features a large light bar section that runs across its width and acts as the taillights for this limited-run supercar. The Flightbar is the first of a multitude of blade-like sections that dominate the rear. The squared-off tailpipes look similar to the one seen in the recently released 296 GTB and are positioned above the extremely aggressive rear diffuser.
The design of the Ferrari Daytona SP3 is heavily influenced by aerodynamics. Ferrari claims that the SP3 is the model with the highest levels of passive aero that it has ever made.
The insides of the Daytona SP3 feature Ferrari's latest layout with large digital screens and touch-sensitive controls on the steering wheels. The seats of the all-new Daytona SP3 are integrated into the chassis like the ones on the LaFerrari hypercar.
The Daytona SP3 will be offered to current Monza SP1 and SP2 customers as well as other Ferrari customers who couldn't get a Monza due to various regulations. All 599 Daytonas have already found a home.
Thoughts On The Ferrari Daytona SP3
The Ferrari Daytona SP3 is the latest in Ferrari's rarefied Icona series of cars. The Daytona SP3 is a thing of beauty and it is an absolute shame that we won't see many of these cars as most seem destined to become garage queens.