- 13 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 18 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- News PM Modi turns 71: Sudarsan Pattnaik shares breathtaking sand art using 2035 seashells, netizens amazed
- Movies Annabelle Sethupathi Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Have To Say About The Vijay Sethupathi Starrer!
- Finance Bank of Baroda Cuts Interest Rates On Home Loan & Car Loan: Details Inside
- Sports San Marino GP: Bagnaia leads the cavalry on to Misano
- Technology Indians Prefer Buying APUs Over GPU And GPU: AMD India
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Citroen has confirmed the launch of its second product in the Indian market, which will be a compact SUV. It is currently codenamed Citroen CC21 and has been recently spotted testing in Bangalore ahead of its launch.
The spy image and the video shared by one of our readers showcases a completely camouflaged test mule of the upcoming compact SUV. Citroen will base the new SUV on the globally sold C3 Aircross.
Due to the camouflage only the silhouette of the car was revealed from the spy images. Also, the test mule seems to be using an emission testing apparatus at the back. This could mean that the CC21 could be undergoing the last leg of ARAI testing that is required for all models to complete ahead of its launch.
Citroen will be using the new C3 Aircross as the base model of the upcoming compact SUV in India. The design of the new C3 Aircross was leaked several months ago via a scale model image that surfaced on the internet.
Starting with the front fascia, it features the brand's logo finished in chrome and merges with the split headlamps design. The headlamps, DRL and logo create an X-shaped design at the front of the SUV. The fog lamps are placed at the bottom of the bumper inside a colour coordinated housing.
- A large grille
- Scuff plate at both ends
- Air-pocket design on the side
- Alloy wheel
- Dual-tone roof
- Split tail lamps
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Panoramic sunroof
- Climate control
- Steering mounted controls
- Connected technology
- Cruise control
The CC21 is expected to feature the same memory foam seating to provide maximum comfort to the occupants. It will also feature a rear seat with a 60:40 split that can be moved to make more legroom or increase the boot space.
Engine & Transmission
The C3 is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. It could produce a maximum of 108bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 205Nm at 1500rpm. Transmission options include a six-speed torque converter as standard.
Rivals, India Launch & Expected Price
The Citroen CC21 a.k.a C3 Aircross will rival the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300 Ford EcoSport and other compact SUVs offered in India.
Citroen is expected to unveil the upcoming CC21 compact SUV sometime in the month of September and follow-up with a launch by the end of this year. The SUV will be made entirely in India and could be priced at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price).
Thoughts About The Citroen CC21 Compact-SUV Spied Testing
Citroen is looking to launch another product catering to the massive ongoing demand for compact SUVs in India. Much like the C5 Aircross, we reckon the CC21's party piece will lie in the ride comfort and styling of the SUV. The CC21 test mules are being spotted frequently, which point to its imminent launch in India.