- 13 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 16 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 21 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Valimai Teaser From Thursday, Thala Ajith’s Actioner Might Hit The Cinemas On Christmas!
- News Will review comprehensive global strategic partnership with Biden says PM Modi ahead of US visit
- Sports ISL feature: Chennaiyin coach Bandovic just can't wait for fans to return to the stadiums
- Finance Stocks To Buy From Broking Firm Sharekhan In The Auto And FMCG Space
- Lifestyle What Is Bee Propolis? Nutrients, Health Benefits, Side Effects And Usages
- Technology Realme Mobiles Offers and Discounts During Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Citroen has confirmed the launch of its second product in the Indian market, which will be a compact SUV. It is currently codenamed Citroen CC21 and has been recently spotted testing in Bangalore ahead of its launch.
The spy image and the video shared by one of our readers showcases a completely camouflaged test mule of the upcoming compact SUV. Citroen will base the new SUV on the globally sold C3 Aircross.
Due to the camouflage only the silhouette of the car was revealed from the spy images. Also, the test mule seems to be using an emission testing apparatus at the back. This could mean that the CC21 could be undergoing the last leg of ARAI testing that is required for all models to complete ahead of its launch.
Citroen will be using the new C3 Aircross as the base model of the upcoming compact SUV in India. The design of the new C3 Aircross was leaked several months ago via a scale model image that surfaced on the internet.
Starting with the front fascia, it features the brand's logo finished in chrome and merges with the split headlamps design. The headlamps, DRL and logo create an X-shaped design at the front of the SUV. The fog lamps are placed at the bottom of the bumper inside a colour coordinated housing.
- A large grille
- Scuff plate at both ends
- Air-pocket design on the side
- Alloy wheel
- Dual-tone roof
- Split tail lamps
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Panoramic sunroof
- Climate control
- Steering mounted controls
- Connected technology
- Cruise control
The CC21 is expected to feature the same memory foam seating to provide maximum comfort to the occupants. It will also feature a rear seat with a 60:40 split that can be moved to make more legroom or increase the boot space.
Engine & Transmission
The C3 is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. It could produce a maximum of 108bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 205Nm at 1500rpm. Transmission options include a six-speed torque converter as standard.
Rivals, India Launch & Expected Price
The Citroen CC21 a.k.a C3 Aircross will rival the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300 Ford EcoSport and other compact SUVs offered in India.
Citroen is expected to unveil the upcoming CC21 compact SUV sometime in the month of September and follow-up with a launch by the end of this year. The SUV will be made entirely in India and could be priced at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price).
Thoughts About The Citroen CC21 Compact-SUV Spied Testing
Citroen is looking to launch another product catering to the massive ongoing demand for compact SUVs in India. Much like the C5 Aircross, we reckon the CC21's party piece will lie in the ride comfort and styling of the SUV. The CC21 test mules are being spotted frequently, which point to its imminent launch in India.