- News Centre in HC defends IT rule requiring WhatsApp to trace originator of message
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 22 Highlights: Junglewasis Enter The Main House After Losing Prize Money Worth Rs 25 Lakh
- Sports Jaismine, Basumatary ease into second round on Day 2 at 5th Elite Women's National Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i Key Features Revealed Via New Leak; Launch Anticipated On October 25
- Finance This Small Cap Plastics Company Announces 2:1 Bonus Issue
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
The Citroen CC21 compact-SUV will be making its world debut on September 16, 2021. The CC21 is currently the codename for the upcoming compact-SUV in the Indian market. Apart from India, the CC21 will be launched globally to replace the outgoing Citroen C3.
Citroen CC21 India Launch
The Citroen CC21 has been spotted testing several times in India. Earlier, the India launch of the new compact-SUV was scheduled to happen by the end of this year. However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the company will be launching the compact-SUV sometime early next year.
Citroen will manufacture the CC21 a.k.a C3 in India and South America for the world. The production is said to begin in December. The CC21 will undergo heavy localization, which will help the brand to price it aggressively.
The CC21 will be the brand's first mass-market product and in India. Currently, Citroen sells its flagship SUV, the C5 Aircross in India. The touchpoints are limited to just 10 outlets in the country. However, since the CC21 will be a mass-market product, we can expect Citroen to massively expand its showroom network in India ahead of its launch.
The upcoming CC21's design was earlier revealed from the leaked images. Starting with the front fascia, it features the brand's logo finished in chrome and merges with the split headlamps design. The headlamps, DRL and logo create an X-shaped design at the front of the SUV. The fog lamps are placed at the bottom of the bumper inside a colour coordinated housing.
- A large grille
- Scuff plate at both ends
- Air-pocket design on the side
- Alloy wheel
- Dual-tone roof
- Split tail lamps
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Panoramic sunroof
- Climate control
- Steering mounted controls
- Connected technology
- Cruise control
Interiors & Technology
The CC21 is expected to feature the same memory foam seating to provide maximum comfort to the occupants. It will also feature a rear seat with a 60:40 split that can be moved to make more legroom or increase the boot space.
Engine & Transmission
The C3 is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. It could produce a maximum of 108bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 205Nm at 1500rpm. Transmission options include a six-speed torque converter as standard.
Expected Price & Rivals
The Citroen CC21 a.k.a C3 will rival the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300 Ford EcoSport and other compact SUVs offered in India. The SUV will be made entirely in India and could be priced at around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price).
Thoughts About The Citroen CC21 Launch Debut On September
Currently, there is massive competition in the compact-SUV segment with new models being added. The Citroen CC21 a.k.a C3 will be late to the party and will be going against some of the best-selling models in India. However, the company plans to price the product aggressively and make it stand out in the crowded compact-SUV segment.