- 2 hrs ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 2 hrs ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 16 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 19 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- News PM to chair meeting to review COVID situation in Varanasi
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Rajeev Hanu Wins The ‘Golden Pass,’ Gains Advantage Of Having Immunity From Nominations
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Sports IPL 2021: Can't rely on just boundaries, rotating strike is crucial on slow tracks, says VVS Laxman
- Lifestyle Lakshmi Manchu Gives Us Two Stunning Saree Goals; Which One Will You Pick?
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Citroen has launched the much-awaited C5 Aircross SUV in the Indian market. The Citroen C5 Aircross retails at an introductory starting price of Rs 29.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The C5 Aircross is the French automaker's first product in India that will be placed in the premium mid-size SUV segment.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is offered in two variants: Feel and Shine. The top-spec Shine variant retails at Rs 31.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The SUV is offered in seven colour options: Cumulus Gray With Black Roof, Pearl White With Black Roof, Pearl White, Tijuca Blue, Cumulus Gray, Perla Nera Black and Tijuca Blue With Black Roof.
The SUV is sold in India as a CKD unit. The company began accepting pre-launch bookings for the C5 Aircross SUV last month for a token amount of Rs 50,000. The deliveries of the premium mid-size SUV will begin shortly across the country.
The company has also announced a leasing or subscription service of the C5 Aircross starting at Rs 49,999. At end of the tenure, customers can upgrade to a new model, or buy the SUV altogether. They can also choose to return the vehicle.
Citroen has launched 10 new showrooms in Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Kochi, and Gurugram. These showrooms follow the brand's ‘La Maison Citroen' concept to offers a Physical + Digital (Phygital) experience to visitors.
Apart from the showrooms at 10 locations, the company will be showcasing its first model across various cities using ‘showroom on wheels'. The concept will help the brand to extend its reach beyond dealerships located in the country.
The Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 175bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic.
The dimensions of the C5 Aircross measures 4500mm in length, 2099mm in width, 1710mm in height along with a wheelbase of 2730mm. With all seats up, the SUV features a massive boot space of 580-litres.
The C5 Aircross features a design that draws its inspiration from various clothing article. The exterior of the SUV features a split-headlamp set up with a thin body strip separating units at either end. The upper part of the grille is flanked on either side by the DRLs, and also function as turn-indicators at the front.
At the rear of the SUV, it features split-wraparound taillamps, an integrated roof spoiler, a large Citroen badge placed on the middle of the boot lid, and a blacked-out bumper with non-functional twin exhaust vents. It also features 18-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and all-around body cladding.
On the inside, It features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument console, dual-zone climate control and a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls; among others.
However, the party piece of the Citroen C5 Aircross is its ride quality that the brand claims will be a ‘Magic Carpet Ride' with the help of suspensions with progressive hydraulic cushions. Also, the seats on the inside feature memory foam, which further enhances the ride quality.
The SUV is offered with a host of driver aids along with active and passive safety features. We have driven the C5 Aircross ahead of its launch in the Indian market. Here are our detailed driving impressions and complete review.
Thoughts About The Citroen C5 Aircross Launched In India
Citroen has officially begun its retail operations in India by launching its first product the C5 Aircross. The C5 Aircross offers a plush ride, a practical cabin and comes packed with features to suit buyers in the segment.
The C5 Aircross rivals the Jeep Compass, the Hyundai Tucson and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan in the Indian market.