- 41 min ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes To Bring The Most Powerful Four-Cylinder Car In The World To India
- 21 hrs ago Royal Enfield Reveals 'Birth of the Bullet' & 'The Picnic Special' Limited Edition Helmets
- 23 hrs ago Euler Motors HiLoad Commercial EV Launched At Rs 3.50 Lakhs
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Karan Kundrra Reveals He Has Lost Many Friends After Breaking Up With Anusha Dandekar
- News Maharashtra Home Minister Walse Patil tests positive for coronavirus 2nd time in a year
- Technology How To Log In And Use Telegram On Web Browser
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021, West Indies vs Bangladesh: Preview, Timing in IST, Telecast and Live Streaming information
- Finance 3 Cement Stocks To Buy As Suggest By ICICI Securities With Strong Upside Potential
- Lifestyle Kanpur Zika Virus Patient Stable, Samples Of 22 Contacts Test Negative
- Education UPPSC PCS Prelims 2021 Answer Key Released, Raise Objections Till November 3
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Citroen unveils the new C3 in India ahead of launch. The new product will be placed in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment and is expected to launch in the first half of 2022 in the country.
The French carmaker also announced that the new C3 will be made in India and is localized to over 90 per cent for manufacturing. As a result, the new SUV is expected to be priced aggressively when launched in the country.
The company has also announced that the new C3 will spawn three cars, which will be launched at a later date. We can also expect an electric version of the C3 at a later date.
- Ice White
- Platinium Grey
- Artense Grey
- Zesty Orange
- Artense Grey
- Zesty Orange
Exteriors & Design
The new C3's front fascia features the brand's Chevron logo finished in chrome and merges with the split headlamps design. The headlamps, DRL and logo create an X-shaped design at the front of the SUV. The fog lamps are placed at the bottom of the bumper inside a colour coordinated housing.
- A large grille
- Scuff plate at both ends
- Air-pocket design on the side
- Alloy wheel
- Dual-tone roof
- Split tail lamps
- 180mm ground clearance
The company is also offering customization options with 78 different accessories on the new C3. Personalization also includes choosing a unique exterior paint option for the roof, body and interiors as well.
Interiors, Features & Technology
The C3 features colour-coordinated accents, that provides a young appeal to the interiors of the car. New C3 has practical storage compartments, including a 1-litre glove box, two 2-litre door pockets at the front and rear. It also features a storage compartment in the central console, as well as two cup holders in the rear which can become smartphone holders.
- 10-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Digital instrument cluster
- Climate control
- Quick-charge USB sockets
- Steering mounted controls
- Connected technology
- Cruise control
- 315-litre boot space
- Smartphone clamps for driver and co-passenger
According to Citroen, the C3 offers rear passengers legroom of 653mm, which is the largest in the segment. Additionally, the front passengers enjoy the best elbow room of 1,418mm and the market-leading headroom of 991mm.
Engine & Transmission
Citroen is yet to announce the engine specification for the new C3. We reckon the SUV could be offered with a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine producing a maximum of 108bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 205Nm at 1500rpm. Transmission options could include a six-speed torque converter as standard.
Rivals & Expected Price
The Citroen C3 will rival the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300 Ford EcoSport and other compact SUVs offered in India.
According to the company, they are localizing the manufacturing of over 90 per cent with the C3, which will help the company price it aggressively as well. The C3 could be priced at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price).
Vincent Cobée, Citroën CEO, said, "Ensuring Citroën's future requires a greater international presence, by becoming stronger in all the markets in which we operate, including South America, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and China, and by opening up to others, including India, which will soon become the third-largest market in the world. We are rolling out an ambitious product plan in order to achieve this, which will see the launch of three internationally-oriented models in three years."
He further added, "Models designed, developed and produced in strategic regions and which will fully represent Citroën's identity in terms of style and onboard peace of mind. New C3 is a vital part of this international ramp-up and the first stage of the growth strategy. This hatchback, less than 4m long, is aimed at a major segment in India and South America. Modern, connected and tailored to local uses, it is perfectly placed to support Citroën's growth."
Thoughts About The Citroen C3 India Unveil
Citroen has unveiled the C3 in India ahead of its launch next year. The new C3 will be placed in the compact-SUV segment and will rival the long list of models that are currently on sale in India. However, the most important aspect, the powertrain of the SUV is yet to be revealed.