- Movies Nushrratt Bharuccha Recalls Scary Incident At Hotel; 'When My Staff Came, They Said, ‘Ma'am We Should Leave’
- Sports Lionel Messi wins historic seventh Ballon d'Or
- News Omicron variant scare: Lesson learnt hard, Here’s how states are preparing
- Finance Small Cap Company Stock To Watch Out After Dolly Khanna Ups Stake
- Education KVPY Aptitude Test 2021 Date Announced, Check KVPY Fellowship Exam Date And Other Details Here
- Technology Oppo Reno7, Reno7 Pro India Pricing Details Out; Reno7 SE Not Coming
- Travel Discovery’s Lost Essence S2: Cyrus Sahukar Explores The Hidden Gems Of India
- Lifestyle Designer Virgil Abloh, Famous For High-End Streetwear, Passes Away At 41 From Cancer
Codenamed CC21, Citroen calls its upcoming Citroen C3 SUV 'Made In India for Indians', and it will also be the country's first SUV to come with a flex-fuel engine. This engine is compatible with both petrol and ethanol-based fuel.
According to numerous sources, the Citroen C3 SUV will be called ‘C3' in a majority of the markets around the globe.
The upcoming Citroen C3 SUV will be initially launched in Asian markets, post which, it will be launched in Latin American markets.
The Citroen C3 SUV is a compact SUV measuring less than 4-metre in length. Moreover, when launched in India.
The upcoming Citroen C3 SUV is more likely to make use of a 1.2-litre turbocharged flex-fuel engine capable of pushing out 130 bhp. However, the SUV may get a 1.6-litre naturally aspirated engine at least as an option to keep the cost down.
The engine powering the Citroen C3 SUV will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard, though an automatic gearbox will be offered as an option.
The Citroen C3 SUV will utilise the French manufacturer's Common Modular Platform (CMP) to keep the production costs down in order to make the SUV more affordable in markets like India. This is to capitalise on the rising demands for SUVs under the ‘Sub-4-metre' category.
The upcoming Citroen will be launching the new C3 SUV by the of this financial year and hopefully with competitive pricing.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Citroen C3
For many Indian consumers, sub-4-metre SUVs have become a default choice, making compact SUVs the hottest segment in India. Moreover, If Citroen can replicate the C5 Aircross's DNA by offering an extra dose of comfort, it gives buyers a unique offering in the segment.
We expect Citroen C3 to be a runaway success if the French car manufacturer prices its upcoming compact SUV competitively.