- 13 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
India's leading tyre manufacturer, CEAT Tyres introduces an all-women workshop in the Indian market. The all-women workshop will be the brand's endeavour to empower women, especially in the male-dominated tyre industry.
Called the CEAT Shoppes, will be managed and run by a team of women which will give them equal opportunity to grow and make a mark in the tyre Industry. The first all-women workshop or service centre has been opened in Bhatinda.
The company has also announced that 10 more Shoppes will follow in the next few months across India. The all-women CEAT Shoppes include a women workforce for all service-related assistance to customers. The women workforce will cater to manual jobs like wheel changing, balancing and operating various machinery to service a vehicle.
CEAT will be investing in providing end to end training to the women running the CEAT Shoppes. At the time of the global crisis due to the pandemic, many people have lost their jobs but with this initiative, CEAT Tyres is opening avenues for women and creating more employment opportunities.
Currently, there are over 300 CEAT Shoppes across the country. These CEAT Shoppes are an authorised one-stop-shop for vehicular assistance for sales and service to customers. This includes all the above-mentioned services.
Mr Amit Tolani, Chief Marketing Officer, CEAT said "CEAT recognizes the value of gender diversity at the workplace. We have been offering an equal and fair opportunity to women in every field including our manufacturing plants. From shop-floor engineers to leadership roles, CEAT has a diversified female workforce taking up challenging roles and growing in their respective fields."
He further said, "All Women CEAT Shoppe is an industry-first initiative that further reiterates our commitment to allow women to grow and make a mark in the Tyre Industry which is a predominantly male-driven business. The initiative will not only provide financial stability to the women but will inspire many others to join this industry as we plan to expand our footprints across India with many more such outlets in the months to come."
Thoughts About The CEAT All-Women Retail Shop Introduced In India
CEAT brand aims to encourage women to develop the skills required to maintain a tyre workshop. This will help the women workforce to compete in a male-dominated and physically demanding sector of work. It will in turn create more employment opportunities for females across the country.