- 1 hr ago Tata Punch Prices Revised: Prices Start From Rs 5.64 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Toyota Hilux India Launch Bookings Open: 2.8-Litre Engine, 4x4, Double Cab & More
- 16 hrs ago Tata Tiago And Tata Tigor Top Variants Updated: New Features And Colours Added
- 21 hrs ago Top 10 Safest Cars In India, 2022: Under 10 Lakhs
- News PM Modi to inaugurate new circuit house at Somnath
- Finance Suryoday SFB Changes Savings Account Interest Rates W.e.f. January 20, 2022
- Technology OnePlus Expected To Launch New Nord Phone Under Rs. 20,000; Key Features Tipped
- Movies RJ Anmol Says He Was Insecure While Dating Amrita Rao; 'I Never Kept It Inside Me, I Opted For Communication'
- Lifestyle Moderna Plans To Launch Single Covid And Flu Booster Jab Within Two Years
- Sports UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane fight card, date, timings in IST, telecast and live streaming information
- Education IBPS SO Mains Admit Card 2022 For Specialist Officer Released At ibps.in, Download Call Letter Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer Build Your Dreams (BYD) Auto has announced the expansion of its dealer network to 8 cities across the country. The new dealerships will be used to sell the BYD e6 MPV which was launched earlier this month for B2B customers.
BYD India has tied up with 6 dealer partners to serve 8 cities across the country — Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mumbai, New Delhi and Vijayawada. BYD's dealership partners include Cargo Motors (Ahmedabad), PPS Motors Group (Bangalore and Vijayawada), KUN Auto Group (Chennai), Mody Group (Hyderabad), EVM Autokraft (Kochi) and Landmark Automobiles (New Delhi and Mumbai).
Speaking about the dealership network expansion, Shrirang Joshi, the Sales Head of Electric Passenger Vehicle — BYD India said, "We have been focusing on strengthening our presence in the country and the expansion of our dealer network will enable us to take our all new e6, the premium pure electric MPV closer to our B2B customers. Our dealerships, while providing focused sales consultancy as per business requirements, will also ensure that customers get to experience our products which offer maximum value to their business and better total cost of ownership. Our goal is to ensure that our customers feel empowered by associating with BYD India. We are witnessing an emerging demand for premium eMPV segment with a diversified customer base and are confident that the premium eMPV can match all their needs to provide a better experience."
Ketsu Zhang, Executive Director — BYD India, said, BYD has been an aspirational pure electric brand globally and we are delighted to continue our commitment and success in the Indian EV market. We are all set to partner with India's goal on EV revolution and provide a clean and green environment. Our philosophy is to provide a better motoring experience while being conscious of the environment we live in. With our state-of-the-art after-sales and service centres across key cities, we want to ensure the discerning customer gets superior experience while building a better environment together."
Earlier this month, BYD had launched the e6 electric MPV in India. The BYD e6 is the first all-electric MPV to be sold in India. However, unlike other vehicles, the electric BYD e6 MPV is only offered to B2B customers. The BYD e6 is priced at Rs 29.15 lakh (ex-showroom).
The BYD e6 electric MPV draws power from the company's 'Blade' battery pack. In the e6, the lithium ferro phosphate (LiFePO4) 'Blade' battery pack is rated at 71.6kWh. The battery pack has a range of 415 kilometers as per the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP). The BYD e6 MPV's city only range as per the WLTP tests is even higher at 520 kilometres.
The Blade battery pack is connected to a single electric motor mounted to the front axle. The motor produces just 94bhp and 180Nm of peak torque which is quite modest for a vehicle of its size. The BYD e6 electric MPV has a top speed of 130km/h.
The Blade battery pack on the BYD e6 supports fast charging. When connected to a DC fast charger the e6 MPV's battery pack can be charged from 30 to 80 per cent in just 35 minutes. A full charge from 0 to 100 per cent for the BYD e6's battery pack takes about an hour and a half.
The BYD 'Blade' battery pack is cobalt free, which makes it greener than regular battery packs that use the heavy metal. The Blade battery pack is also very safe and will not blow up or start burning if punctured.
Thoughts On BYD's Dealership Expansion
BYD is best known in India for its electric buses. However, with its expanding dealer network, BYD is looking to bring to light its e6 MPV which is currently only offered to B2B customers, a policy we hope the company will change in the future.